Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
dibblejr

Now Sharing ~ Redneck 12 Days of Christmas ~ singing faces

Recommended Posts

everything is mini or led. I have a 20 foot mega tree, 2 arches and 4 singing faces plus house and some props.... just 64 channels a mini director and fm transmitter. just got all this equipment in july so im stuggling real bad

 

Edited by Dean Jenks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dean Jenks said:

everything is mini or led. I have a 20 foot mega tree, 2 arches and 4 singing faces plus house and some props.... just 64 channels a mini director and fm transmitter. just got all this equipment in july so im stuggling real bad

 

Do you have everything set up? Meaning unit ID's set, a master channel config set?

With JAmes sequences he has a spiral tree. What I do is use that spiral tree as if its my straight mega tree. Works well. If you keep the number of sequences down you can straighten it out more, but I am usually in a crunch since I sequence faces all year.

The key to sequencing the mega tree is realize what area will be most viewable to the public. Last year my hook head broke due to age and snow (we never get in Dec). Everything looked great and then I had over 7000 lights in piles under my tree. One day before our tour of lights started, I hastily put it back up with the wifes best frying pan. I also had to replace strings that were cut by my guy wires. I had some strings that were out of place. I could tell but the general public didn't have a clue.

JR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Do you have everything set up? Meaning unit ID's set, a master channel config set?

With JAmes sequences he has a spiral tree. What I do is use that spiral tree as if its my straight mega tree. Works well. If you keep the number of sequences down you can straighten it out more, but I am usually in a crunch since I sequence faces all year.

The key to sequencing the mega tree is realize what area will be most viewable to the public. Last year my hook head broke due to age and snow (we never get in Dec). Everything looked great and then I had over 7000 lights in piles under my tree. One day before our tour of lights started, I hastily put it back up with the wifes best frying pan. I also had to replace strings that were cut by my guy wires. I had some strings that were out of place. I could tell but the general public didn't have a clue.

JR

ive got a strong steel mega tree 24 hook head and a boat winch to raise and lower on a pulley, I use an old 12' trampoline and the springs to fastnen to to hold its shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Do you have everything set up? Meaning unit ID's set, a master channel config set?

With JAmes sequences he has a spiral tree. What I do is use that spiral tree as if its my straight mega tree. Works well. If you keep the number of sequences down you can straighten it out more, but I am usually in a crunch since I sequence faces all year.

The key to sequencing the mega tree is realize what area will be most viewable to the public. Last year my hook head broke due to age and snow (we never get in Dec). Everything looked great and then I had over 7000 lights in piles under my tree. One day before our tour of lights started, I hastily put it back up with the wifes best frying pan. I also had to replace strings that were cut by my guy wires. I had some strings that were out of place. I could tell but the general public didn't have a clue.

JR

still waiting on 2 controllers to be shipped did the tryforfree thing so a delay in shipping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to make it look "redneck" on my neighbor's house with the voices. Just copy and pasted the mouth movements to his lights. Can't wait to get this one going. Last year we did dueling jingles bells between the 2 houses. This year's I am using this song to go between the houses instead lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I decided to make it look "redneck" on my neighbor's house with the voices. Just copy and pasted the mouth movements to his lights. Can't wait to get this one going. Last year we did dueling jingles bells between the 2 houses. This year's I am using this song to go between the houses instead lol

 

That works really well in a pinch or for someone that is just starting out.

I have shown a lot of people how it can be beneficial.

JR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That works really well in a pinch or for someone that is just starting out.

I have shown a lot of people how it can be beneficial.

JR

Yeah shockingly it worked really well. I didn't want to make it all elaborate I needed something different and that really fit the type of song so I just went with it. Never thought of doing that before. it definitely gives it that not altogether look of the song but it fits the song perfectly lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Yeah shockingly it worked really well. I didn't want to make it all elaborate I needed something different and that really fit the type of song so I just went with it. Never thought of doing that before. it definitely gives it that not altogether look of the song but it fits the song perfectly lol

Its a little different since more of a talking song then singing so less light flicker but its different. Plus most songs have back up singers for even more beat, If you are across the street sequence them together and they can watch your snowman sing it.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I get this one, please?

larry_n_t@yahoo.com

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, s1lv3r said:

May I get this one, please?

larry_n_t@yahoo.com

 

Thanks

Sent along with my word document

Private Use Only

Enjoy

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, country christmas said:

can I get this one please thank you vary much

email please

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, country christmas said:

can I get this one please thank you vary much

Sent, enjoy

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Johnstone said:

hi 

could I please have a copy 

thank you

Email address please

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

may i please get a copy

thank you gernergang@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can I get a copy of this please?

rphelps68@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rphelps68 said:

can I get a copy of this please?

rphelps68@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Private Use Only

Sent

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can I have a copy please kakulp62@comcast.net thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kulpy said:

can I have a copy please kakulp62@comcast.net thank you

Sent, Private Use Only.

I did include instructions

Enjoy

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...