Light-O-Rama Forums

WyseCam Pan

PhilMassey

Just got this to play around with. Works really well and for only 30 bucks, including 14 day rolling cloud storage at no extra cost.

Only works with Android or IOS, no PC app and needs a USB power source, but 30 bucks............

https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam-pan/

And if folks want to see a review of it;  It's located here:

Video Review of the Wyze $30 Cam Pan

Looks pretty cool and the price is good.  May have to get one and connect it to my wife's smart phone, then she can talk to me from anywhere when she's out and about and I'm at home.

Found this in the review area of the Wyze Cam Pan website {There IS a workaround for using this camera with a PC!}

Taken from a review located here:

Wyze Cam Pan Reviews

And this is the review to look for by: zbart97 August 3, 2018

• Could not find a desktop app for controlling and watching the video when at the office. (Quick fix the PC issue. Download BlueStacks and set up and account, then download the Wyze Android application. Works like a charm!)

You can download the Blustacks software from their site here:

Bluestacks Website - Play Android Games and APPS on Your PC

I haven't had a chance to install it as yet, so don't know if there are any costs or fees associated with this program.  Still waiting on download to finish as I typed this edit/reply.

Edited by Orville
Add in more info and how to use the Wyze Cam Pan on a PC

I have two of the Wyze Pan Cameras and seven of the V2 (much smaller non-pan) cameras.  For the price, way too cool.

I have 4 foscams but I am so tired of every time the power surges, I have to go in and manually Re-add the cameras because the IP and ports reset then I have to add them back to my camera app with the updated ports and what not.

Might need to look into these. Do these cameras reset the IP address and Port when the power goes out?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

3 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Might need to look into these. Do these cameras reset the IP address and Port when the power goes out?

They will get a DHCP address when they powerup.  You CAN set a static IP reservation in your DHCP server (normally your router) if that supports such, but the camera IP is absolutely irrelevant.  The way the app works, you have no need at all to know what the IP is of each camera.

• 2 months later...

Quick question guys, I just ordered two of these since I am going back to work with my old company next month and getting out of the fulltime decal business. I think/hope this will be great to keep an eye on the animals and the kids when they get home to make sure they're doing their chores LOL.

I noticed when they're checking the cameras function on Wi-Fi they are on their home network in all the videos and reviews... My question is, Does this work on public Wi-Fi networks meaning can I go to say the local Starbucks or somewhere and watch the cameras from the house? Just wanting to be sure. I know I can do it with my Foscam is but everytime the power resets I have to go in and change the cameras ports and all that and it's real frustrating.

So I'm hoping these cameras will allow me to view them remotely on wifi at my job or for example the local Starbucks wifi. When we go to the theme parks in Orlando we are able to use their Wi-Fi to view our cameras at home and talk to the animals. Have any of you had experience with this yet?

Yes, you can watch the cameras (live or playback) or alert notifications from anywhere that you have internet access.  Any further questions, feel free to ask.  I'm now up to two Pan Cams and 11 of the V2 (non-pan) cameras.  Very happy with them.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I should have them in 4 to 7 days. I watched the videos and man they seem a lot easier to set up than the Foscams. with the Foscams you have to go into the router to set the port and into the computer using the ip and port for the camera to set up the port number and everything else every time the power goes out.

Can't wait to give these a try. Going to post my Foscams on eBay once I get the other two in. On the bright side of things even used the Foscam cameras are still selling for $10 more than what I can buy one of these for lol. Out with the old in with the new and still have profit LOL

Thanks again for the info

• The topic was locked