Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting controller to mega tree pole

trooperblazer

Hey everyone. Got a question for you. This year I will be running three mega trees total. 

Two of them will be standard LED light strings 4 different colors And a total of 96 strings. With two controllers on each tree. 

The third or main tree will be a CCR ribbon tree. 

I would like to mount the controllers to the mega tree poles. The poles I want to mount to are   1-1/4 black iron gas pipe

Does anybody have any tried and tested way of mounting the controllers to the mega tree poles? I know I could figure this out on my own but I’m looking for some other ideas. Or what has worked for others in the past. 

Also as a sidenote Dr. McGillicuddy‘s and Bailey’s Irish cream is definitely a plus. However Dr. McGillicuddy‘s and Bailey’s Irish cream and editing sequences is definitely a no no!!!!

I use these-  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-in-EMT-Rigid-Conduit-Hanger/1095129  to hang mine on the pole.  Here is a picture of an example of them hanging.  I posted this somewhere in an other post somewhere.  I also use them to hang some of my RGB flood lights.574c6f8b4b37c_ControllerHanger.jpg.57f308147294994574b5870a6796065a.jpg574c779d89718_LightHanger.jpg.7aa4455eac1bc44852f739dabfc4999f.jpg

On 8/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, Little_b said:

I use these-  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-in-EMT-Rigid-Conduit-Hanger/1095129  to hang mine on the pole.  Here is a picture of an example of them hanging.  I posted this somewhere in an other post somewhere.  I also use them to hang some of my RGB flood lights.574c6f8b4b37c_ControllerHanger.jpg.57f308147294994574b5870a6796065a.jpg574c779d89718_LightHanger.jpg.7aa4455eac1bc44852f739dabfc4999f.jpg

That’s what I do. I am  able to get 3 controllers around the base of my mega  tree pole. 

Edited by Maine Lights

• 3 months later...

Since I get wood for free at work. We get a lot of things shipped in wooden crates. I basically made the same thing as the metal bracket. But out of wood, 2 in. x 12 in.  Pressure-Treated Lumber

Edited by Richard365

32 minutes ago, Richard365 said:

Since I get wood for free at work. We get a lot of things shipped in wooden crates. I basically made the same thing as the metal bracket. But out of wood, 2 in. x 12 in.  Pressure-Treated Lumber

LOR Gen 2 cases have Tabs that  you can use Stainless Hose clamps on, or bolts thru

Gen3 Bokes have side punch outs on the saddle for the Hose clamps or screw holes