Light-O-Rama Forums

Coro tombstones

Tharkun

So I've been building my coro tombstones and tried a variety of paints so they don’t just look like plastic standing in yard in the daytime. I ran across this stone textured paint  Wally world while wondering around. Tried it tonight and the stuff looks great! You have to prime them first. Looks like rough stone. Its great!

258E5943-10E6-49DE-AA1C-E2A7BACFB686.jpeg

951EFF06-A2E9-4A07-8BD3-AA8C8DC4DC08.jpeg

0B0F0A41-E4CD-4B31-8A66-E1D1C82B0248.jpeg

I used the same paint on my wooden ones 5 years ago and they still have the paint on them. The trick is to put plenty of clear coat over it to protect them. I learned that the hard way with the first one when it got so hot the paint literally peeled off. As long as you clear coat over that stuff it will last for years.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tharkun said:

So I've been building my coro tombstones and tried a variety of paints so they don’t just look like plastic standing in yard in the daytime. I ran across this stone textured paint  Wally world while wondering around. Tried it tonight and the stuff looks great! You have to prime them first. Looks like rough stone. Its great!

258E5943-10E6-49DE-AA1C-E2A7BACFB686.jpeg

951EFF06-A2E9-4A07-8BD3-AA8C8DC4DC08.jpeg

0B0F0A41-E4CD-4B31-8A66-E1D1C82B0248.jpeg

Looks great my friend

JR

17 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I used the same paint on my wooden ones 5 years ago and they still have the paint on them. The trick is to put plenty of clear coat over it to protect them. I learned that the hard way with the first one when it got so hot the paint literally peeled off. As long as you clear coat over that stuff it will last for years.

Next step!

• Like 1