Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation window

caniac

should I assume that has gone away?  If you never used visualizer with S4 then how do you create your props?

In S5, you create a "preview" which contains props that define your display elements and the channels they use. You can make your preview as simple or as detailed/realistic as you want, so long as it defines all of the channels you are using in your display.

If you have a Sequence Editor animation, it can be imported into a preview. Click on the vertical "Preview" text on the right side to open the Preview window, then click the Export icon, then select "Import SE Animation" from the menu - as shown in the screen shot below.

You are also given the opportunity to import an SE animation when you upgrade a sequence to S5.

Matt

image.png

9 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

If you have a Sequence Editor animation, it can be imported into a preview. Click on the vertical "Preview" text on the right side to open the Preview window, then click the Export icon, then select "Import SE Animation" from the menu - as shown in the screen shot below.

You are also given the opportunity to import an SE animation when you upgrade a sequence to S5.

Matt

image.png

I'm still new to the lingo maybe I'm not understanding what you posted.... Are you saying we are able to import an S4 visualization file into S5?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

8 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I'm still new to the lingo maybe I'm not understanding what you posted.... Are you saying we are able to import an S4 visualization file into S5?

Yes, you can import:

1) an SE Animation (what you edit when you click the filmstrip icon on the SE toolbar)

2) a Visualizer full visualization (LEE file), prop file, or fixture file

3) an S4 PE preview

If you don't have any of those, then you can you have S5 auto-generate a preview for you when you upgrade a sequence to S5. It won't look like your house, but it will contain enough information to allow you to sequence; and you can always edit the auto-generated preview if you wish.

Matt

Awesome that is the one thing that I was waiting to hear before I upgrade is that my visualizer file will still work in S5.

at least for this year. I do a new one every year but I put about a week into this one and really don't want to start over LOL.

Upgrade here I come!!!!!