Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB04PC Question

Kapkirk

Thinking of using the CTB04PC 4 channel controller to control 3 of my neighbors roof lights, when I set it up in the sequence editor there is no provision for 4 channels, only 6,8,16 etc. Does anyone know how to use the automatic set up for 4 channels like I do for 16?

Appreciate any thoughts, looking at my question now maybe I should have asked in sequence editor topic but will try here first.

Thanks, Keith

Are you using S4 or S5?  Suggest editing your profile to show version number.  The answers often depend on what version (especially with S5 just going public yesterday).

Build it as six or eight and just delete the extra channels.

Don't know about versions prior to S4, since that is what I am using but the CTB4 channel controller is listed in S4, you need to add it to the end {last item in your sequence} or last item in a track {if you use tracks}, you just choose the device you want and select it from a drop down menu of controllers after right clicking and tell it to add a device below channels {you don't want to add this to the middle, top or anywhere else but at the very bottom of a track or your sequence}, I selected the CTB04 unit and it automatically put in the controller and the 4 channels.  Remember to tell it what Unit ID # it is, otherwise it will default to 01 if you don't.  Then you'll have 2 controllers with the same ID # and sometimes that can be quite a headache to try and find out why your lights are working like you think they should be.  Also note, if adding this to the end of the channel list in a track, this can be ANY track, as when you export the new channel config with this info, and then import it back into existing sequences that use the same track set up or at end of the sequence, it will not affect any other channels, only the channels will be added to the track it was put in {at the BOTTOM!} or at the very end of the sequence.  

However, if you create a new track and put it anywhere except at the bottom, this can screw up your entire sequence and that will be on nightmare trying to fix the mess it creates!  

Believe me, been there, done that and have the tag line below{in my signature line} to confirm what it will do to you. LOL

I'm not sure if any of the earlier versions supported the CTB04 4 channel controller as I use CTB16PC and now CCB100 Pixel Controllers, but they populate channels automatically too, I just have to rename the Controller channel button to what it's controlling, and then rename each individual channel button if needed or required {which I don't do with RGB channels!  Way too much work!}.

Good luck!

Open an existing sequence and right click on the very bottom channel.

Click on "Insert Device" then "Insert Device Below" and a window will open.

Choose CTB04 from the drop down within the window.

Thanks Guys

I did edit my profile and I assume I am using S4 as I don't update very often unless I run into a problem.

The CTB04 is not available in the drop down menu, I just told the CP a 16 channel controller, not sure if it will make a difference when I control the lights, that was something I was hoping to avoid if possible, I right click and select insert multiple channels below, I type 4 channels and it puts 4 channels in at the end. Then when I select the first channel to name etc and select device I select LOR controller and the auto populate channels window pops up but it is here the CTB04PC is not available for controller type.

Do you see any problems coming?

Thanks Again, Keith

Yea, you're running a fairly old version of S4, so that is likely why the CTB04 is not listed - it's as fairly new controller.  As I said earlier, you can just build it as individual channels or as a larger controller and then delete the extra channels.  All that Insert Device does is automate building larger groups of channels for you.  There is nothing magic about the controller type.

Jim

Thanks for the quick reply, I will trudge on and finish my sequencing while I wait on the LOR summer sale. I was going to pick up the CTB04PC then.

Keith

• The topic was locked