Light-O-Rama Forums

Go-to for cheap/quality lights?

ElvesOfTheTrail

This has definitely been asked before, but I can't seem to find specific links. Where is your go-to website/store for buying lights that work and won't break the bank. Thanks everyone! 

I have nearly all my lights from walmart, no issues... but i don't live in a cold or snow area.  I am in year 5 with the lights and have not had to replace any strings yet....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been using Walmart lights for years I've only had one string go bad to the point where replacing a bulb would not work for the fix. But then again it varies as to what you're looking for and if your looking for full wave or not. if you're on a budget I would suggest Walmart if you've got money to spend you can go with some good commercial grade. 

i have some sealed lights, but from the street you cannot tell which are the ones that are expensive and the ones i got from walmart...

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Cheap and quality in the same sentence?

Ahhh yeah the old have your cake and eat it too routine. It's nice to dream right? ?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

I have had zero problems with Walmart LED lights. That's where I buy them. I will buy as soon as they start stocking the shelf to replace or add for new faces. Then after the holiday I will buy more during the sale.

Quality, probably not the best but its my wallet.

Last year in my area 100 strands of blue were almost extinct. When my hook head on the mt broke a lot of mine got cut from the tower guywires. I ended up taking apart all of my arch segmenst and 8 mini trees to replace those strands.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Last year in my area 100 strands of blue were almost extinct.

we never have the 100 ct blue or warm white here, always have to load up on the 50 ct in blue and warm white.  always lots of 100ct red green  though

4 minutes ago, ericm said:

we never have the 100 ct blue or warm white here, always have to load up on the 50 ct in blue and warm white.  always lots of 100ct red green  though

In the beginning we had tons, I didn't need them. After my experience I am going to buy at least 10-20 strands of 100 Red/White/ Blue/ Green just so whenever I want to build new faces props.