Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Sequencing Deleted On Preview Change

dmboothe

I have existing sequences that started as standard LED props a few years ago. Last year, I added 4 RGB arches by importing the Visualizer file as a preview in Pixel Editor. By saving the Intensity Data., could play the sequences  back in Sequence Editor and Visualizer, and see everything just fine. So far , so good - all as it should be.

This year I'm adding two more arches, which I now need to sequence. After I updated my Visualizer file,  I opened a sequence in Pixel Editor then imported the updated Visualizer file. When I selected it to use as the preview, the sequencing data for the four existing arches (done last year) was deleted.

The only way around this, that I could find, was to copy the programming for the existing arches to the clipboard (Control--C), assign the new Visualizer file as the preview, then paste the data back into the arches track (Control-V).

Is there a better or easier way to do this? Or is there a way to prevent existing data from being deleted when a new preview layout is assigned to the sequence?

I'm using I'm using v4.3.24 Pro.

Thank you for any sharing any insight you might have.

dB

Edited by dmboothe
Clarity