Light-O-Rama Forums

Charity Collection at Display

Stephan Sherrick

I am planning on collecting donations to a local food bank as part of my Christmas Display this year.   This is the first time I have used my lights to collect donations for a charity.   I am out in the country and have a drive by display.   

I would like to know how others have physically taken donations; did you make donation boxes or how do you take in the donation?  I am anticipating non-perishables and hopefully checks made out to the food bank.

Thank you for any advice or recommendation 

Stephan Sherrick 

13 minutes ago, Stephan Sherrick said:

I am planning on collecting donations to a local food bank as part of my Christmas Display this year.   This is the first time I have used my lights to collect donations for a charity.   I am out in the country and have a drive by display.   

I would like to know how others have physically taken donations; did you make donation boxes or how do you take in the donation?  I am anticipating non-perishables and hopefully checks made out to the food bank.

Thank you for any advice or recommendation 

Stephan Sherrick 

Best of luck Stephan.

Does your city/ county have a publication? 

MAybe get with your local Wal-Mart or Lowes, HD.

I know my local Lowes has set up donation boxes for customers to leave stuff and every week it was picked up.

As far as by your home, can you make a Santa Mailbox for monetary donations?

Also a cart (possibly help from your big box stores) with providing to set by your mailbox for non perishable goods.

Just my $.02, I do not take donations, I have received goodies and cards in my Santa Mailbox though.

JR

JR - I will advertise in the local newspaper about the donation request.  The checks will be easy - a separate Santa mailbox will work for this.  Food donations are another issue,  though.  

• The topic was locked