Light-O-Rama Forums

Import timings from S5 into Superstar

Frank Bolton

Has anyone had any success importing timings from S5 into Superstar?  I am trying to import using the superstar import timing function but nothing transfers.  I have tried transferring from the loredit file as well as the play file. 

The import timings dialog box in superstar is designed to import timings from the S4 Sequence Editor.

There is nothing in SuperStar that will import timings from the S5 Sequencer. I will talk to Matt about what it would take to do that.

• 1 month later...

Is there a tutorial for using the timings in superstar?  I usually use the tapper wizard and have one mark for each beat.  When I use the one in superstar I get multiple lines of different colors and they don't seem to match up with that well with the song.  Is the start of the line the beat?  Why multiple colors?  What are the spaces for?

In the next release the timings from the tapper wizard or beat wizard will automatically come over into superstar and the vertical yellow lines will represent the timings from the tapper wizard or beat wizard.

As for the 3 horizontal lines that you see in SuperStar when you do "create timings" it is using the same data that it uses to create instant sequence and the lines represent when the total strength of the music is above a certain threshold. The top line represents the total strength of the music, the 2nd line is the left stereo channel and the 3rd line is the right stereo channel.  You can change the threshold by clicking on the Tools menu, selecting "Timing Map" then set the "sensitivity" setting.