Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a way to convert S5 Visual to S4 ?

scubanimal

The S5 visualizer is a great improvement,  so much easier to make a good set of props, place them and assign Units & channels.    However, since I am giving up for now on trying to convert my old sequences from S4 to S5 (seems like I have to start nearly from scratch) I am going to go back to S4.    What I'm wondering is I exported my visual in S5 before removing the software, but its not in .lee format.     Is there a way to import it or convert it so that I can use it in S4

As with all of the LOR versions, once you convert up you can't go back. It is highly recommended that before you convert from S4 to S5 that you make a backup copy.

5 minutes ago, dougd said:

Converting sequences from S4 to S5 is not that hard.

They want to go backwards.

Its been a while but here is the way I did it I believe.

Open up your S4 sequence in S5. Once open it should look similar to the way it looked in S4.

Create a new preview in S5, dont use your old stuff.

Once you have the preview created, create a view that looks just like your S4 seqeunce.

Create a new musical sequence with the same song, import the correct view. Copy and paste from the old sequence to the new sequence. 

Should be all to it.

1 minute ago, dougd said:

From what I thought I read, he is only going back because he cant convert his sequences very easily.

Gotta point there, they may stay with S5 if they know how to convert up easily.

Thank you all for the suggestions.    The main issue was when I opened up the old sequence most of my channel info was messed up and I did not figure out a way to import my .sup files.  So seemed like it was going to be a lot of rework, and just not yet worth the effort.     But the S5 Visualizer is really nice and I had gone thru all the work of setting up my plan for this year, the new props and such.    So I thought it would be nice if it was possible to bring that back to S4.   

• 4 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:12 PM, scubanimal said:

Thank you all for the suggestions.    The main issue was when I opened up the old sequence most of my channel info was messed up and I did not figure out a way to import my .sup files.  So seemed like it was going to be a lot of rework, and just not yet worth the effort.     But the S5 Visualizer is really nice and I had gone thru all the work of setting up my plan for this year, the new props and such.    So I thought it would be nice if it was possible to bring that back to S4.   

Did you find a way to convert back to S4?

• The topic was locked