Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral tree

paralegalnc

so i have been using a spiral tree "pattern", prop, whatever on visualizer.  first year was one color, second year two.  I couldn't figure out how to make it 2 colors so I just made a "copy" and placed it on top of each other.

WELL this year hubby wants to add two more colors but going the other direction.  I don't even know where or how to begin to do that... I can't see if I can just flip the prop...so I need a prop, 16 channels each two colors one way, two colors the other

anyone? anyone?  Beuller, .... :)

Hmmm not sure if this is the effect you're going for but you could always double it up with two more trees for the reverse colors and then make the colors go in the opposite direction.

Kind of hard to explain on here but if you reverse your starting point on your spiral tree it will create the opposite direction effect look. I half mimiced this on my spiral. For example my trees channels 1 through 8 are my spiral effect with white lights the other three colors are solid.

When making it start from the bottom rather than start from the top in the sequence editor it gave the reverse effect of the lights. Not sure if there is a way to flip the proper or not maybe somebody who's been on here longer can chime in.  but this might work in the visualizer by doubling up and just reversing your starting point. Just remember in your visualizer it does not have to mimic it 100%. As long as you know what direction it does it should work just may not look exactly like the end result but it should make it for a general idea. Not sure if that helps but figured I would try to offer the suggestion

Try this one.

Darrell

• New Forum User
  •  
  • Darrell
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location Farifax Station, VA

Here's my prop for a 64 channel (4 colors of 16 channels each) spiral tree. I took the 16 channel spiral tree prop from Cyberfix and converted each string from individual bulbs to a light string. That let me use the 4 colors each without posting 4 separate props on top of each other in the visualizer. On my spiral tree, I've got white and red in a superstring running clockwise and green/blue superstrings running counter clockwise. By simply assigning the channels in reverse order for the green/blue from the white/red for each string, the visualizer gives a pretty good approximation of the color strings running the opposite way during the playback.

Here's the fixture layout showing the reverse channel assignment to show the white/red strings wrapped in the opposite direction of the green/blue strings.

295753=16339-spiral%20tree%20prop.jpg

Spiral_Tree_64Channel_4Color.lpf

•  

14 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

I put the red and blue, white and green together because using the red and blue at the same time just don't look to good. This gives you more great options IMO. Videos here https://vimeo.com/user2854453/videos

yes, that is exactly what i think I am wanting -  the way it dances in "oh christmas tree"   we have red and white going say left to right and he wants to string blue and green say right to left in the opposite direction so it crisscrosses.   do your lights spiral the same direction?

29 minutes ago, paralegalnc said:

yes, that is exactly what i think I am wanting -  the way it dances in "oh christmas tree"   we have red and white going say left to right and he wants to string blue and green say right to left in the opposite direction so it crisscrosses.   do your lights spiral the same direction?

don't suppose you would be willing to share your prop file would ya now Earl? buddy? pal of mine??  :D   as I have no clue how you did that.

22 minutes ago, paralegalnc said:

when I click it, it only opens up visualizer, not the file. 

You save it to the LOR directory or wherever you want to save it.

You then open up visualization and point to it.

You will probably have to change the channels associated with it to fit your needs.

Load a sequence to play it and you can use the view simulation in the drop down.

The screeen will be black or gray and once you it play it should play if everything is set correctly.

Note- there may be a delay after you hit the play button.

JR

10 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You save it to the LOR directory or wherever you want to save it.

You then open up visualization and point to it.

You will probably have to change the channels associated with it to fit your needs.

Load a sequence to play it and you can use the view simulation in the drop down.

The screeen will be black or gray and once you it play it should play if everything is set correctly.

Note- there may be a delay after you hit the play button.

JR

obviously I am doing something wrong.  When I click on the link above- it dls it.  when I click on the dl it goes to the visualizer and then nothing happens.

if I right click the link, it only allows me to "save" the link.  I saved it to my desktop.  when I go in visualizer and "open" i click desk top and there is nothing there.   what am I doing wrong?

Its a prop file, not a visualizer file, Open a Visualizer file or start  a new one and click on Edit/Import and point to the downloaded LPF file and it should import. At least that's how it works in 4.3.34

• Like 1

I am not sure this is going to do what he is wanting to do.  What I need is to flip the image over.   not two colors going up and 2 going down...but 2 colors going down from left to right and 2 colors going down right to left.    just flip the image... but I gues I will just finish assigning it and take a look 

well it didn't do what I wanted it to. it only changed up and down by reversing the order.  I want to have two colors going top to bottom spiraling right to left and two colors going top to bottom spiraling left to right.... how do I just like, flip it over?