Light-O-Rama Forums

Posted (edited)

Matt,

Got a few issues since RC2.

1) This is likely two different issues.

a) For some reason, I am having issues where a file name seems to be getting duplicated (see this error and notice the file folder structure is duplicated, its actually not an identical duplication though, it looks like it replicated a folder structure within the folder structure (note c:\users and c\users - also not only one colon here)))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xvo5ebh3umy8z2/Popup Issue.png?dl=0

b) This popup is always hidden and the only way I can get to it is via task manager and then switch to it. I can't just move the Sequencer window to uncover it because the the SEQ window is stubborn and it just 'bongs' with every click until I switch to the popup in task manager.

2) This next one is also a little weird but maybe a little related. I keep finding that I sequencer won't let me click stuff (no hidden popup) and I have to go to task manager and completely kill all LOR tasks (including LOR TRAY). I can then restart sequencer and it all starts working again as though nothing was ever wrong.

N

Edited by ndutton

OK,  for the "no click" issue, this is again down to the hidden popup. All interaction disappears with SEQ once there is a hidden popup active

Error message C00D11E5: An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the item again.

Here is one suggestion on the Microsoft web site:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/windows-media-center-music-playback-error-c00d11e5/6df6e72e-6b7b-4e6d-9607-6ace9cbff6fa?db=5

I have also made the following changes to the Sequencer:

1) future version will include the full description of the error, not just the error code.

2) The error message should be displayed in front.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Matt

baaaaaa - I rebuilt the sequence and then found this happens when you use the zoom in/out - it depopulates I guess in an effort to declutter the screen (even thought this would still be legible.)

On 7/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, ndutton said:

found this happens when you use the zoom in/out - it depopulates I guess in an effort to declutter the screen

Actually what happens is Windows won't display fonts at certain small sizes, but it depends on your display. So if the prop names disappear, then just move vertical zoom up or down a step.

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

Actually what happens is Windows won't display fonts at certain small sizes, but it depends on your display. So if the prop names disappear, then just move vertical zoom up or down a step.

Matt

Understood - but I think it need to change to a cross hair or something "planned" the empty field made me spend hours believing that I was running into a corrupt file.

2 hours ago, ndutton said:

Understood - but I think it need to change to a cross hair or something "planned" the empty field made me spend hours believing that I was running into a corrupt file.

Agreed. I have put that on the list for a future release. Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

The strange file name happens because you are using an MP3 file. S5 converts the MP3 to a WAV file behind the scenes and uses the WAV file while you are sequencing. What you are seeing is the location of the WAV file.

As for the error, try googling for the error code: https://www.google.com/search?q=c00d11e5+error

Something is causing the audio device in Parallels to disconnect. Not an error I have seen before.

Matt

Posted (edited)

Ok, my feedback here are s that the mp3 to wav thing could be transparent. The file name is really confusing and not something a user needs to see IMHO.

with respect the audio disconnect, all I have to do is press the OK on the error message and everything is fixed. That could likely be automated, but the annoying thing is that the window is always hidden by the seq window

Edited by ndutton