Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Jaynee

My 2018 song list

Recommended Posts

I think I've finally figured out my 2018 song list for this year's show.  I deliberately picked a lot of short songs so that the entire show clocks in at about an hour, but has a lot of songs.  But MAN do I have a lot of work to do because I haven't even STARTED yet and it's almost August!!!  Fortunately, I've only got 64 channels compared to some of you folks, and half of these only need UPDATES to add in the two new controllers (the rest of the song programming will likely remain the same). 

I think it's a nice mix of singing, instrumental and a few comedy bits.  Stuff for kids (Frozen, Polar Express, Alvin & Chipmunks) and adults alike:

Pixar Intro    UPDATE    0:00:30 CLIP
Santa I Just Want You - Haley Reinhart    BRAND NEW    0:01:20 VOCAL
Christmas Treat - guys from Saturday Night Live   UPDATE    0:02:15 VOCAL/COMEDY
I Miss You, Christmas - Train   BRAND NEW    0:02:13 VOCAL
Jingle Bells - Michael W. Smith    UPDATE    0:02:17 VOCAL
Run Run Rudolph - Kelly Clarkson    BRAND NEW    0:02:28 VOCAL
A Mad Russian's Christmas - TSO    UPDATE    0:04:42 INSTRUMENTAL
12 Days of  Xmas - Bob & Doug Mackenzie    BRAND NEW    0:04:45 VOCAL/COMEDY
Bring on the Snow - Melanie Fontana   BRAND NEW    0:02:01 VOCAL
Hot Chocolate - The Polar Express   UPDATE    0:02:31 VOCAL
Jing Jing a Ling  -  The Andrews Sisters   BRAND NEW    0:02:55 VOCAL
Greensleeves - Mannheim Steamroller & Elyse Davis   BRAND NEW    0:04:04 VOCAL
Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin & The Chipmunks   UPDATE    0:03:01 VOCAL/COMEDY
Take It Russ - "Christmas Vacation" clip   UPDATE?    0:00:30 CLIP/COMEDY
Merry Christmas to You - Sidewalk Prophets   BRAND NEW    0:03:02 VOCAL
Merry Xmas Everyone - Ladyhawke    BRAND NEW    0:03:02 VOCAL
Wizards in Winter - TSO   UPDATE    0:03:05 INSTRUMENTAL
Christmastime Again - MercyMe    BRAND NEW    0:03:12 VOCAL
Do You Hear What I Hear - Spiraling    UPDATE    0:03:15 VOCAL
Christmastime - The Evans Family   BRAND NEW    0:03:20 VOCAL
"Frozen Medley"    UPDATE    0:03:45 VOCAL
Man with the Bag - Kellie Pickler   UPDATE    0:02:32 VOCAL
Boughs of Holly  - TSO   UPDATE    0:04:25 INSTRUMENTAL
    TOTAL SHOWTIME    1:05:10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like a good mixture of everything!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, you gotta lot to do! Mine all already finished. Good luck to you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Man, you gotta lot to do! Mine all already finished. Good luck to you!

 

I know! Since I got home from work tonight I've been updating my visualizer with all the new props I'll be using this year, as well as moving some controller assignments around so everything is grouped more effectively.  Now comes the hard part: programming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...programming sort of came to a halt last night.  I thought my three new (to me) arches were six channels each - but they are actually 8 channels each - and I don't have the six extra channels I need!  He told me to program as though they were four channels each, but I'm loathe to have to reprogram them AGAIN once I have the full 24 channels I need next year. 

So I've told my husband I want to see what the pricing is on the summer sale and possibly pick up another controller, even though we can't really afford one since I bought two in the spring sale already.  But I don't want to program anythine since I won't know until late August whether I'm programming 4 channels each or 8 channels each. ARG!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, Jaynee said:

I think I've finally figured out my 2018 song list for this year's show.  I deliberately picked a lot of short songs so that the entire show clocks in at about an hour, but has a lot of songs.  But MAN do I have a lot of work to do because I haven't even STARTED yet and it's almost August!!!  Fortunately, I've only got 64 channels compared to some of you folks, and half of these only need UPDATES to add in the two new controllers (the rest of the song programming will likely remain the same). 

I think it's a nice mix of singing, instrumental and a few comedy bits.  Stuff for kids (Frozen, Polar Express, Alvin & Chipmunks) and adults alike:

Pixar Intro    UPDATE    0:00:30 CLIP
Santa I Just Want You - Haley Reinhart    BRAND NEW    0:01:20 VOCAL
Christmas Treat - guys from Saturday Night Live   UPDATE    0:02:15 VOCAL/COMEDY
I Miss You, Christmas - Train   BRAND NEW    0:02:13 VOCAL
Jingle Bells - Michael W. Smith    UPDATE    0:02:17 VOCAL
Run Run Rudolph - Kelly Clarkson    BRAND NEW    0:02:28 VOCAL
A Mad Russian's Christmas - TSO    UPDATE    0:04:42 INSTRUMENTAL
12 Days of  Xmas - Bob & Doug Mackenzie    BRAND NEW    0:04:45 VOCAL/COMEDY
Bring on the Snow - Melanie Fontana   BRAND NEW    0:02:01 VOCAL
Hot Chocolate - The Polar Express   UPDATE    0:02:31 VOCAL
Jing Jing a Ling  -  The Andrews Sisters   BRAND NEW    0:02:55 VOCAL
Greensleeves - Mannheim Steamroller & Elyse Davis   BRAND NEW    0:04:04 VOCAL
Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin & The Chipmunks   UPDATE    0:03:01 VOCAL/COMEDY
Take It Russ - "Christmas Vacation" clip   UPDATE?    0:00:30 CLIP/COMEDY
Merry Christmas to You - Sidewalk Prophets   BRAND NEW    0:03:02 VOCAL
Merry Xmas Everyone - Ladyhawke    BRAND NEW    0:03:02 VOCAL
Wizards in Winter - TSO   UPDATE    0:03:05 INSTRUMENTAL
Christmastime Again - MercyMe    BRAND NEW    0:03:12 VOCAL
Do You Hear What I Hear - Spiraling    UPDATE    0:03:15 VOCAL
Christmastime - The Evans Family   BRAND NEW    0:03:20 VOCAL
"Frozen Medley"    UPDATE    0:03:45 VOCAL
Man with the Bag - Kellie Pickler   UPDATE    0:02:32 VOCAL
Boughs of Holly  - TSO   UPDATE    0:04:25 INSTRUMENTAL
    TOTAL SHOWTIME    1:05:10

Gonna have to produce the faces to some of these I haven't.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Gonna have to produce the faces to some of these I haven't.

JR

If you do, then when I finally have enough controllers to do faces (which is a goal), then I'll want to borrow/buy them from you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

If you do, then when I finally have enough controllers to do faces (which is a goal), then I'll want to borrow/buy them from you!!

I share all for free, you just have to purchase the music. Since you are creating these sequences feel free to PM me a list with the Album/ Singer/ Title and I will sequence them per your song so they will align with what you have.

James and I have already produced some of the songs on your list. I do faces James does everything else.

Christmas Don't Be Late

Man with a Bag

There may be others I simply cant remember but I know James can. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited!  Programming is BACK ON.  I know I'll be able to get a controller in the summer sale!  I recently did a freelance job and submitted my invoice - they sent me TWICE the amount I quoted with a note saying thank you for all my work and that they felt I should be paid more!!!  That additional $$ will cover most of the cost of the controller!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

So excited!  Programming is BACK ON.  I know I'll be able to get a controller in the summer sale!  I recently did a freelance job and submitted my invoice - they sent me TWICE the amount I quoted with a note saying thank you for all my work and that they felt I should be paid more!!!  That additional $$ will cover most of the cost of the controller!!!

Always good to earn extra money. Even better when someone appreciates all the hard work and effort that goes into work. Been a couple great stories in the news here in my area in the past few weeks about people down and out going the extra mile to get and keep their job.

1- 23 year olds car broke down the night prior to him starting his new job. He walked 23 miles and withing a few miles from his job the police picked him up and after hearing his story took him to bfast and then to the job site.

2- High School grad worked his complete shift at a fast food place. Didn't tell his boss about graduation. He didn't receive his diploma. After hearing the story his school held a special graduation ceremony , yesterday.

JR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Always good to earn extra money. Even better when someone appreciates all the hard work and effort that goes into work. Been a couple great stories in the news here in my area in the past few weeks about people down and out going the extra mile to get and keep their job.

1- 23 year olds car broke down the night prior to him starting his new job. He walked 23 miles and withing a few miles from his job the police picked him up and after hearing his story took him to bfast and then to the job site.

2- High School grad worked his complete shift at a fast food place. Didn't tell his boss about graduation. He didn't receive his diploma. After hearing the story his school held a special graduation ceremony , yesterday.

JR

Maybe this generation has some hope!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, idahocampers said:

Maybe this generation has some hope!

 

Not holding my breath for the highest murder rate in the Nation. Two times that of Chicago. Birmingham doesn't want to let the top spot go.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the original subject.  This was my 2017 song list:

Song title   Artist
  Wizards In Winter   Trans Siberian Orchestra
  Christmas Cannon   Trans Siberian Orchestra
  You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch   Burl Ives
  Jingle Bells   Barry Manilow with Expose'
  Hark! The Harold Angles Sing   Lake Ave. Church Organ & Orchestra  
  God Bless the USA   The American Patriots
  Deck the Halls   Mannheim Steamroller
  Carol of the Bells
  (Christmas Eve / Sarajeva 12/24)  
  Trans Siberian Orchestra
  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer   Gene Autry
  All I Want for Christmas is You   Mariah carey
  Feliz Navidad   Jose Feliciano
  The Hanukkah Song   Elliot Dvorin
  Soldier's Silent Night   Father Ted Berndt

I'm using MIIP so people watching can pick the songs.

For 2018, I expect that the songs will not be changing because I am spending all my time adding props, so massive re-sequencing just to get the new stuff added.  I'm adding:

Two singing Christmas trees - JR will be sending me the sequences for these - THANK YOU!

Six Coro Candy Canes (these have been in most of the sequences for a couple years, just not built)

24 string Mega-tree with each string having RGB dumb nodes + AC mult-color string

Rebuild 12 x 50 pixel tree to become 24 x 100 pixel tree

Replace two dumb RGB Tune To signs with a P5 and a P10 matrix

All told, about 61,000 additional channels...

 

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...