Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer sale

rick gurnee

So I was one of the people who did not get the e-mail about the Spring sale.  I'm not sure if I believe LOR's explanation about spam filters because I have received notices for the last ten years, but that is water under the bridge.

Now I want to make sure I don't miss the Summer sale.  I have turned off all spam filters on my sever and boy do I get a lot of spam now.  I would like to ask a favor of my fellow forum readers.

When the e-mail about the Summer sale comes, could one (not everyone) post something indicating when it is.  That way, people who fail to get the e-mail, for whatever reason, will know about it

Thanks..

It's quite often a message at the top of these forums when there is an upcoming sale.

Edited by Don

22 hours ago, rick gurnee said:

So I was one of the people who did not get the e-mail about the Spring sale.  I'm not sure if I believe LOR's explanation about spam filters because I have received notices for the last ten years, but that is water under the bridge.

Now I want to make sure I don't miss the Summer sale.  I have turned off all spam filters on my sever and boy do I get a lot of spam now.  I would like to ask a favor of my fellow forum readers.

When the e-mail about the Summer sale comes, could one (not everyone) post something indicating when it is.  That way, people who fail to get the e-mail, for whatever reason, will know about it

Thanks..

Strange, been getting the LOR Sales Messages since 2010 and I have all kinds of SPAM filters in place.  The ONLY way I can think of is that maybe you accidentally clicked on "JunK" and put the LOR address in there.  And if you have gone through and clicked messages in your "JUNK" folder, not realizing it was an LOR Sale E-Mail and clicked "BLOCK" you may have inadvertently blocked the sale e-mails.   Go into your BLOCKED SENDERS list and look for anything with the name LOR in it, if it's in there, remove it and you should start getting the e-mails again.  

Other than that, did you change or did the company that offers your e-mail service change things, like the name of the e-mail account?

I know one of my e-mail accounts got changed from @hotmail.com to @outlook.com, and that makes it an entirely new e-mail according to the e-mail servers that send your e-mail to you.

One last suggestion would be to just go and re-sign up for the sales e-mails again, if I recall, LOR will send out an automated message that shows you have signed up for them.  

If you don't get it within a day, usually only a few minutes, check the previously mentioned things, otherwise you should be receiving them, if everything else all checks out.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, rick gurnee said:

So I was one of the people who did not get the e-mail about the Spring sale.

Keep an eye on the forum.  The sale announcement will be in the announcements section, and there should be tons of discussion about it by forum members.

• 5 weeks later...

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! So excited for this. I forgot a few items during the last sale! It's going to be like Christmas for me once all my items are ordered and delivered! :)

I got mine too.  Better yet, payday was yesterday (with overtime, to boot) and this month has an extra paycheck, so very little need for that money.  Let's see, what do I need???

• Like 1

I only need another ccb with 2 sets of 50 pixels so I can build two more pixel arches.  I'm replacing my standard LED string arches on the roof with pixels this year. And moving the white led Arches to my side yard. Have to build two more to pixel arches to match the ones I got from @Kapkirk

We may have to go dark this year because it's been such a crazy/hectic year and it doesn't look like that's going to be changing anytime soon.  So I'm not sure if I'll be able to setup our outdoor show in time.  But I'm going to buy another 16-channel ready-to-go residential controller anyway.  I'll have to wait until my Aug 23 paycheck to order it though because I spent too much on my music hobby earlier this month lol.

The quantities aren't limited for the summer sale like they are in the spring sale, correct?  Just want to make sure there's no danger of items being sold out.

9 minutes ago, Speedster said:

The quantities aren't limited for the summer sale like they are in the spring sale, correct?  Just want to make sure there's no danger of items being sold out.

No limits, all that you order will be put on order.

Never got an e-mail, again.  Strange, I've gotten them for 10 years in a row and now nothing.  Well, obviously I know about it so I'll  be buying tomorrow assuming the pixel trees go on sale.

18 hours ago, rick gurnee said:

Never got an e-mail, again.  Strange, I've gotten them for 10 years in a row and now nothing.  Well, obviously I know about it so I'll  be buying tomorrow assuming the pixel trees go on sale.

Try re-subscribing to the email notifications, or subscribe with a different email address. 

BIG News already, just got shipping notice and it was a try-for-free order, THANKS LOR, you guys are the best.

Keith

Just got my shipment today of 500' spt-1 wire and a ccd with 100 pixels but I did not do the tryforfree.

It was only going to save $4 so I opted out of entering the code to get it here faster since I already built 2 more arches and was waiting on the pixels to arrive...