Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for suggestions / Sequences on "kid Christmas songs"

GriswoldStyle

So the past couple weeks I had my kids follow all the training videos I could find for SE. I let them do one of the Halloween songs. My kids are 16 and 15 and did a really good job on it.  My 16 year old has ADHD so I was rather impressed that he was able to complete a sequence.

Now I'm looking for some kid type songs as I told them they can each do one for our Christmas display. I do the more elaborate stuff but I want them to work on something simple such as like Santa Claus is coming to town or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Does anybody have a singing face sequence for either of those or have other face songs that would work as a kid type song?

Most of our sequences for Christmas are not really kid-related songs and I want my boys to be able to work on songs that will appeal to children who come to our display as well. 

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

nwgraphix2@yahoo.com

Don't have singing faces, but one song I did a few years back that is children related is "Ding A Ling the Christmas Bell" by Conway Twitty, another I did is a Spanish/English Song called:  "Mamasita Donde Esta Santa Claus"{Mama Where is Santa Claus}, don't recall the Artist, but you can find it on YouTube. 

I never got this one started, but it's a cute song: "The Kitty Ate The Tinsel On The Christmas Tree", it's from the "How The Grinch Stole Christmas CD", I think Mannheim Steamroller might have done this one, but not certain.

But these are a few, I worked on, the first 2 completed, but could still use some work to improve them, again, no singing faces, just standard flashy-blinky lights to the songs.  But are good children friendly songs for Christmas.

Edited by Orville

Thanks for the reply I will look into them later. we definitely need to get a couple of the common Christmas songs like I mentioned previously. the last two years I've focused more on mixing things up but I have found that people are requesting more Christmas music versus random songs. I definitely have to focus on getting a few new ones with the singing faces as I'm in the process of building the singing Snowman. If anybody out there has either of those mentioned previously with any kind of singing face that would be great. meanwhile I'm going to check on the couple that you mentioned as soon as I get an opportunity later this evening. Thanks again for the suggestions ?

13 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Thanks for the reply I will look into them later. we definitely need to get a couple of the common Christmas songs like I mentioned previously. the last two years I've focused more on mixing things up but I have found that people are requesting more Christmas music versus random songs. I definitely have to focus on getting a few new ones with the singing faces as I'm in the process of building the singing Snowman. If anybody out there has either of those mentioned previously with any kind of singing face that would be great. meanwhile I'm going to check on the couple that you mentioned as soon as I get an opportunity later this evening. Thanks again for the suggestions ?

Owl City - Lights of Christmas

Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling

Pharell Williams - Happy

I have those as both LMS and xLights files.

48 minutes ago, caniac said:

Owl City - Lights of Christmas

Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling

Pharell Williams - Happy

I have those as both LMS and xLights files.

The Owl City one I have but I do not have the singing face for it. That would definitely work if you have that. I remember that was one of the first songs I did in 2016 and I think the kids might be able to pull that one off. I only have Lor not xlights I haven't ventured into that yet as I'm still getting familiar with SE.

The can't stop the feeling I got to feel in my kids would love that song. not sure if they're ready for a song that advanced yet but I could always do that one if they can't. Those are the type of songs I like to do but unfortunately a lot of the feedback we got last year were people really wanted more Christmas music. That doesn't mean I can't you songs like that LOL.

If these are the faces ones I would greatly appreciate them. THANKS SO MUCH

nwgraphix2@yahoo.com

Edited by GriswoldStyle

4 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

The Owl City one I have but I do not have the singing face for it. That would definitely work if you have that. I remember that was one of the first songs I did in 2016 and I think the kids might be able to pull that one off. I only have Lor not xlights I haven't ventured into that yet as I'm still getting familiar with SE.

The can't stop the feeling I got to feel in my kids would love that song. not sure if they're ready for a song that advanced yet but I could always do that one if they can't. Those are the type of songs I like to do but unfortunately a lot of the feedback we got last year were people really wanted more Christmas music. That doesn't mean I can't you songs like that LOL.

If these are the faces ones I would greatly appreciate them. THANKS SO MUCH

nwgraphix2@yahoo.com

all of mine are faces ones (I have a singing snowman and three singing trees).  Do you want all three?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, caniac said:

all of mine are faces ones (I have a singing snowman and three singing trees).  Do you want all three?

Sure that would be AWESOME! Thank you so much!

We have a couple different songs from the "Peanuts" Christmas show done in 32 channels.

1 hour ago, ozarkboy2 said:

We have a couple different songs from the "Peanuts" Christmas show done in 32 channels.

which songs?

The opening song that's mostly in Piano. It's actually called Linus and Lucy.

And I have a short piece from when Linus is explaining the meaning of Christmas.

I tried to post one here for you but I guess the file is too large.

19 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

If you shoot me your e-mail in a PM, I can send you the .LMS files I have and maybe you can work them into a singing face.  I have one section where I have my blowmolds in a track, the blowmold lamp is set to the words of the song, sometimes I'll do that with different blowmolds I have if there is more than one voice in a song.  It's not perfect, but it looks good with a blowmold, thinking maybe it might actually be able to be a start toward a singing face, as that is why I did some of the songs in that manner.

Again, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send my "Ding A Ling the Christmas Bell" and "Mamasita Donde Esta Santa Claus" sequences to you.  Hopefully they'll be able to at least possibly give you a start.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:45 AM, caniac said:

Thank you so much sir. this is what I did with your can't stop the feeling face sequence you sent me. I re worked quite a bit of it to fit my display but your face helped create the sequence. Just imagine instead of the perimeter on the house and the roof, whatever color lights up, those same color lights are every 8 inches across both the roof and the front and right side of the house. Hence why I "Griswold" my house lol. Lights covered the entire walls and roof.

The house on the bottom right is my neighbor's house across the street I use the EZ Lite linkers to control his 16 channels on my network

Edited by GriswoldStyle

How about 'We are Santa's Elves' from Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer?  It's a classic and it's really short.

3 hours ago, jfuller8400 said:

How about 'We are Santa's Elves' from Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer?  It's a classic and it's really short.

They ended up starting on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Willie Nelson. they're working on that one together and then they're going to get thrown to the wolves on some harder ones (the other two that @caniac sent)

I figure if they can Jump Right In and have to work extra hard to get it right this will probably benefit them in the long run and will show them alot faster. They are eager to get started but they really don't work that well together LOL. They both want to do their own sequence. Clash of the opinions strikes these two kids daily lol.

• 2 weeks later...

My kids sequenced Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry.  I'm getting ready to have them work on their second one but does anybody have a singing face for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry? 

Figured I would ask around so I can add the Snowman to this one. If you have it and don't mind sharing it would be greatly appreciated

nwgraphix2@yahoo.com

Edited by GriswoldStyle
Voice to text sucks

I do appreciate the offer. We were already sent that one. The boys have actually already finished one of their sequences and now are getting ready to work on their second one. I think the second one will be a lot easier than their first one was I was pulling my hair out watching them sequence the first one for 2 weeks LOL. I really wanted to just jump in there and get it done in 2 hours time but hey they learned, they stuck with it and that's all that matters :)

But the pushy dad that I am I told them it wasn't going in the show until they got it right LOL. I'm actually really proud that they stuck with it. it was a couple times they just wanted to throw in the towel but I would not let them. it's going to take awhile to train their ears to hear the different sounds after all they're just in their mid-teens.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

• The topic was locked