Light-O-Rama Forums
Vince4xmas

Switching from S5 back to S4

I have been running S5 for months and have all my personal shows as well as some others complete.

I have a customer that requires I use S4 for his display.

What is the correct procedure for removing S5 and installing latest version of S4?

Once S4 show is complete will switch back to S5.

Thanks

This is the procedure I follow when installing any version of Light-O-Rama software:

Your sequences will stay in place during a reinstallation. However, now would be a good time to make a backup, if you don't do so regularly.

1) Reboot your computer. After the reboot, make sure no LOR software is running. In particular, if the LOR Control Panel is set to load on computer startup, you will need to right-click on the light bulb icon in the system tray, then select "Unload Light-O-Rama".

2) Uninstall the current version. In Windows 10, this is done from Settings > Apps. In prior versions, go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

3) Verify that all LOR programs have been removed. If running a 64-bit version of Windows, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)". On 32-bit versions, go to "C:\Program Files". If there is still a Light-O-Rama folder there, delete it.

4) If needed, download the software installation file from http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/. Look for your version of software. The latest is at the top of the page. If you have trouble with the download, try using the 'Alternative Download' button.

5) Reboot the computer again and make sure you're logged in with the administrator privileges. Find the file you downloaded above and run it. Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, run your tests and you should be good to go.

• Like 1