Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood Connector

T34 Flyer

Anyone know what the connector (4 pin) for the RGB Flood is?  Part number?  Does LOR sell a pigtail?

Thanks

Edited by T34 Flyer

I actually just got done before 4th of July adding my own extensions by using their extension plug and adding length to them. Lor actually tells you you can cut the extensions they sell in half to create your own pigtails.

When you're in the lightoRama store, click on the  RGB products, then click on the 10-watt flood lights section. When you get on that page you will see towards the bottom they do offer extensions that can be made into pigtails. I reached out to Lor previously for mine and their suggestion actually worked for me. You can cut the extensions in half if need be to create a male and female pigtail. I did this to three of my cmb24s already. not to mention I use their extensions and soldered my own 4 core 18 gauge alarm cable into it to make the extensions longer by cutting them in half then soldering in my length needed... (Lor customer service suggested this) if you decide to go that route I would strongly suggest using 3 to 1 ratio heat shrink with adhesive wall lining. Others have suggested it and I found it is really great stuff try to avoid the cheap stuff as when you heat it some of the wire or solder can break through. Stick with 3/1 adhesive wall heat shrink.

the extensions are the exact same as their pigtails size so all you have to do is cut either the 10-foot one in half or you can actually just cut an end off if you really want extra length to create a pigtail. I have 12 floods on my house now that will be up year-round.

Here is the link to the extensions page. 

http://store.lightorama.com/10wafl10exco.html

Edited by GriswoldStyle

On a side note don't let the shipping charges deter you from ordering them. I was hesitant but ended up ordering eight of them and shipping overcharged me for UPS but they ended up sending it Priority Mail and refunded the difference without me even saying a word to them. Very considerate on their part. So if you order 8 of the 10-foot extensions and cut them in half you will have 8 male Pigtails & 8 female pigtails which are the same size connector as the LOR ones that come on the plug-in show kit for the 10-watt floods.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Thank you.  I have the extensions just didn't want to cut them.  I'm planning on a permanent installation as well.  Thanks again.

Edited by T34 Flyer

39 minutes ago, T34 Flyer said:

Thank you.  I have the extensions just didn't want to cut them.  I'm planning on a permanent installation as well.  Thanks again.

No worries on cutting them. Lor, when I sent in a request asking them about the plugs they said it was perfectly fine to get the extensions and cut them to make your own pigtails for solder in 4 core alarm cable. It's the same wire that they use for the pigtails coming out of their boards which worked out perfectly for me since I ordered a CMB 24 and the extensions and built my own box using half the extensions as the pigtails. I did just that and they work perfectly fine :)

As as you can see in the video below. The boxes mounted by the front door and I just use the extensions and extended them to the lengths that I needed.

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked