Light-O-Rama Forums

Chinese pixel controllers with LOR software.

Notsure

So I'm planning on buying the most advanced LOR software I can get and upgrade all the way and am planning on buying pixel lights in bulk from China. How do I figure out which Chinese pixel controller to buy that will be compatible with LOR? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I've never heard of anyone having any luck with them on any forum.  Buying pixels from China is a no brainer, the controller on the other hand.... Very happy with my Falcons.   Xlights is FREE and worth a look

I would stick with controllers that you can buy from U.S. dealers that have proven track record such as Sandevices, Falcon, etc.  LOR also has a Pixie series of controllers that do have some string limits, but may neet your needs. 

Since you can't place display element too far from a controller, which controller(s) you go with will depend a lot on you proposed display element and where you place them in the jkyeard.  Do you go with a single controller with 16 outlets or several controllers with a lower number of outlets that you can place around the yard.

Here's a comparision chart on popular controllers.

Controller Comparision Chart

A lot of past thread son the subject is you do a thread title search by "pixel controller".   The decision is going to be more involved that someone telling you what to buy since your display plans will have a lot to do with it.  As you get more inform on controller options, keep asking questions.

That's great thank you. So the falcon controllers work well with LOR and those are the ones I'm checking out now. I'm doing a drive through Christmas light display that's very long. I'm sure there will be areas where a 16 would be overkill so I'm drawing out my design ideas so I can plug in pixels and controllers. Thank you guys for the help.

• The topic was locked