Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying and pasting tack in same sequence

metallus2000

So I can copy a single track by left clicking and moving through the whole track, copy then paste into a new track on the same sequence. My question; Is there a way to highlight/copy one track and move it easily to another in the same sequence?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Yes, there is if you're referring to channels... place your cursor anywhere in the channel that you want to copy, then go to edit, select, row(s), and then copy. Place your cursor at the very beginning of the destination channel and paste.

If you're wanting to copy entire tracks, that command is available by clicking on the track name. But copying an entire track will also copy all the timings and sequencing of the original track. Any changes you make to either the original or copy will show up in both.

George

Is there a way to highlight/copy one track and move it easily to another in the same sequence?

A word of caution: If you want to do this "copy/paste" so that you can get the same channels in two different tracks, don't. Instead, use the "duplicate track" or "copy channel" commands.

Trying to set two channels in two different tracks to be the same unit/circuit/et cetera, without doing it via "duplicate track" or "copy channel", does not work the way that you probably think it does, and it is likely to have unintended consequences. The two channels will compete for control of the same physical circuit, and your lights won't behave as you expect.

• 3 years later...

If you are doing quit a bit of copy/pasting of ALL the lighting commands in channels/rows, something I found easier than Edit/Select/Row is to select a 'timing grid' that has no timing marks. Then all you have to do is: right click/copy on the channel you want to copy.

Paul Roberson wrote:

If you are doing quit a bit of copy/pasting of ALL the lighting commands in channels/rows, something I found easier than Edit/Select/Row is to select a 'timing grid' that has no timing marks. Then all you have to do is: right click/copy on the channel you want to copy.

That is an excellent suggestion!!! Wish I would have thought of that.

Thanks!