Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar saying I do not have enough channels after upgrading to S5

ebrown1972

Brian,

I have the 24ccr version of Superstar. I have a 12 ccr tree, 2 mega spinners, a 24x50 matrix, several candy canes, wreaths, snowflakes and such. After the newest S5 release I am now getting the error "Your Superstar license level allows sequencing visualizations of 3750 channels or less. The current visualization has 4800 channels. Before I could sequence all of my elements separately and then import it into S5. Now it says I do not have enough channels. It has never been an issue until now. Now that everything is in one place I take it that those of us who have sequenced all of our elements separately will now have to upgrade Superstar?  It looks like what I have done before I cannot do now. Please let us know.

Thanks, Eric

Edited by ebrown1972

I have noticed I only get this error when trying to import superstar effects on my 24x50 matrix which is a total of 1200 pixels which equals 3600 channels. My license version is for 24 ccr's which would be 3600 channels. The error is saying the visualization is 4800 channels which is not correct. Could this be a bug? 

Thanks

Edited by ebrown1972

Eric,
Just a guess, are you sure S5 is seeing this Matrix as a 3,600 channel count prop?
To check do the following;

Alan...

channel%20count.gif

Sounds like a bug. I am not home right now so I can’t confirm it, but I think SuperStar is miscounting the number of channels in the preview that is being passed to it from the S5 Sequencer. I will look into it tomorrow and it will be fixed in the next release. 

3 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Sounds like a bug. I am not home right now so I can’t confirm it, but I think SuperStar is miscounting the number of channels in the preview that is being passed to it from the S5 Sequencer. I will look into it tomorrow and it will be fixed in the next release. 

Thanks Brian. I don't expect anything to be done today. Happy 4TH. Also It shows 1200 nodes total for my matrix.