Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Sequence Feature

BrianBruderer

In version 4.3.32 released June 29, 2018 SuperStar now has a new "Auto Sequence" Feature. Auto Sequence is a mixture of standard sequencing and "instant sequence." It allows you to create impressive sequences quickly while still allowing a lot of control and creativity in the creation of your sequence. Here is an "Introduction and Preview" video:

Thanks Brian,

This will help in areas of the sequence that are really mundane to sequence. Nice Addition to Superstar!

Jim, yes the features are in S5.

I haven't got to play with it yet, but I will put these features to good use.

Alan...

Brian,

I really like this feature, but have found an issue when using the color black in the "Cycle Through Colors Below" option. If you select 1 or a group of effects and the color black is one of the colors used, the outline selection box does not show. the effects still work, it is just hard to see exactly what effects are selected. This makes it difficult when trying to edit colors in the effects.

If it matters this is in the S5 version of SS.

Alan...

Handy gif to illustrate the issue. ?

ss%20auto.gif

Edited by default

Are you doing the following? Go to www.lightorama.com and click on "Sequencing" then click on "Download Software". On the page that appears what version does it say is the current version? If it does not say "v4.3.32" try refreshing the page. If it still does not say "v4.3.32" post again to the forum.

17 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

I can not find a download for this version.

Or direct to the download page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

If you are looking for the 5.0.22 Beta version, you can go to this post:

Both 4.3.32 and 5.0.22 have the new Auto feature.

Found it, but will not be able to use it, it saves using .supe, i use a combo of SS to sequence my house and Xlights to sequence the Matrix., xlights will not import or export in the  .supe file format.

SuperStar saves to a .supe file if your sequence uses more pixels than what you have a license for. And this behavior is the same in the older 4.x.xx releases. What level of superstar license do you have?

2 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

SuperStar saves to a .supe file if your sequence uses more pixels than what you have a license for. And this behavior is the same in the older 4.x.xx releases. What level of superstar license do you have?

I am licensed for 4.2.x. 4CCR's. I only have a little over 200 channels on my house. i found an thread that says because i am only licensed for 4.2.x, that i cannot use anything higher then 4.2.x or it will save in .supe formatt no matter what unless i upgrade my license level from Basic. I convert all my files to xlights and run them off a PI so no need for me to have higher then basic. All my mega tree sequences are either bought or done using my tree as a dumb tree.

As you indicate, in order to use your 4.2.x 4CCR license on the newer releases you will need to pay for a maintenance license. I believe the cost is about $30.

I have been thinking of getting a 16 or 24ccr license so i can modify some of my purchsed Tree and matrix sequences.

14 hours ago, default said:

Brian,

I really like this feature, but have found an issue when using the color black in the "Cycle Through Colors Below" option. If you select 1 or a group of effects and the color black is one of the colors used, the outline selection box does not show. the effects still work, it is just hard to see exactly what effects are selected. This makes it difficult when trying to edit colors in the effects.

If it matters this is in the S5 version of SS.

Alan...

Handy gif to illustrate the issue. ?

ss%20auto.gif

Thank you "default" for the detailed description of how to duplicate the bug. It was an interesting bug to research. I found the root source of the bug and have fixed it. And along the way I found a way to optimize the drawing of things on the TimeLayers. In the next release the bug you describe will be fixed, and sequences with lots of effects on the Time Layers will draw faster so you will be able to update and scroll them faster.

2 hours ago, jerry72 said:

I have been thinking of getting a 16 or 24ccr license so i can modify some of my purchsed Tree and matrix sequences.

Remember that purchasing a LOR license level upgrade (including a SuperStar license) also serves as a software renewal.

17 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

Thank you "default" for the detailed description of how to duplicate the bug. It was an interesting bug to research. I found the root source of the bug and have fixed it. And along the way I found a way to optimize the drawing of things on the TimeLayers. In the next release the bug you describe will be fixed, and sequences with lots of effects on the Time Layers will draw faster so you will be able to update and scroll them faster.

It took me a while to be able to duplicate default's reported bug in 5.0.22, but when I did exactly what he did, sure enough the bug was there.

Tried it with v0.1807.1 which is supposed to fix it - and it looks like it does.  I will continue to play with it...

The only thing I found that is annoying (and it has NOTHING to do with the SS code) is that I was using a sequence that I had completed my 2018 conversion yesterday - only to find something missed in my 2018 conversion.  Guess I'm not done with that one - ARGH!

Brian,

Yes  v0.1807.1 did fix it. ? I really like the feature and am still playing with it.

Thank You.

Alan...

Anxious to try this new feature, I applied it to a the inner most circle of a 16 spoke by 16 pixel/spoke circle prop created with the tree wizard in the Visualizer and then imported to SS, and after only 2 minutes of programming,  it looks fantastic!  This is really great!  Guess I'm building another prop for Christmas this year.  However, I noticed that I could not assign cyan to one of the color selections to cycle through.  Perhaps that is still on your work list?

This feature is going to be really great for doing those songs that I have less desire to hear over and over.  Nice job, Brian.

I am using the bug fix version after 5.0.22 (1807.1 if I remembered right) and I am seeing the same color picker issue - except it’s a lot more than just Cyan.  What I saw was that when using the color picker, after selecting a color, it would change.  Cyan became white.  I tested several other colors and they also changed colors.  I was doing it from my phone via TeamViewer so it was a bit of a pain in the backsides, therefore I did not do my usual detailed test and document.  I will be back home in less than an hour and can do more detailed testing - it’s 115 outside so too damn hot to do anything but sit in the AC and play computer!