Light-O-Rama Forums

Where can I download OpenGL 1.5 or higher for Win 7 32bit?

Orville

Upgraded to LOR 4.3.30, but can not use Pixel Editor as it wants OpenGL 1.5 or higher to work.  I have tried everything I know to find this stupid driver with no luck, not even on my video card driver website.  Video card I have not even listed.   It's a PCI  Radeon AMD/ATI X800 GTO, been to AMD site with no luck, tried to send them an e-mail, but my browser says it is not configured correctly, so couldn't even send an e-mail to the support folks to see what, if anything I could do to get this updated.  Tried updating driver in Device Manager and it says drivers are all up to date, tried PE again, still gives me the same issue, won't let me even create a sequence in it or anything until I can get this stupid driver installed.   And I'm not about to pay for software that "finds and auto-installs drivers", done that before and it never worked for me.  Using Windows 7 32 bit system.

There should be somewhere one can download and install this driver without charge.   If anyone knows where I can download it at no cost and how to install it so I can use the Pixel editor, would be very much appreciated!

Edited by Orville

I have the same issue on my server.  No newer version available.  Not really an issue on the server as I don’t really need to run the S5 Sequencer on the server - it only plays the landscaping show and stores files for the other computers.

Can’t help you - hopefully someone else can.

Are you running an older laptop with a built-in graphics card that you upgraded to Win10 yourself. You may not be able to upgrade the OpenGL driver, what make and model computer?

Dell Inspirion 530.  I'm using an add on PCI graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon X800 GTO,  Computer running Windows 7~32 bit, 2GB Ram.  I don't know what the built in graphic is on the motherboard, but it's not good enough and why I put in the aforementioned card.  Gave me higher resolution, but can't locate an updated driver for it anywhere so I can use Pixel Editor.  One of the main reasons I upgraded was so I could use that program, but it's useless to me if I can't upgrade the OPENGL to 1.5 at a minimum!

Had to reload 4.3.30 several times before it would accept my C:\LOR directory where I keep all my files, kept giving me errors that the directory DID NOT exist, yet it was right there the entire time.  After about 4 re-attempts, it finally accepted it {restarting computer after every re-install}.  I have screen shots I captured to show the issue I had trying to get it to install.  But still no go on using PE without having 1.5 OpenGL installed or later.

BTW: it's NOT my browser that's the problem in sending an e-mail to AMD/ATI, it's how they have THEIR website configured when you and start the e-ticket e-mail system, that is the problem.

Edited by Orville

That AMD/ATI Radeon X800 GTO is an older card so there may have stopped updating it as I can't find any updates for it on their website. You may have to knuckle down and get a newer card.

I got the card for free and currently won't be able to get a new video card for quite some time.   Guess I just won't be able to use the Pixel Editor.  Not everyone can afford new computers and graphic cards very easily.   Already have incoming funds committed to someone on the forums for some stuff I plan on buying hopefully in July.   So the graphic card is going to have to wait.   Guess that's just one part of the software that isn't going to do me any good for a while. :(

Edited by Orville

Orville,

Give me a few days and I may have a card I can send you.  The replacement for this computer is arriving tomorrow (according to FedEx).  After I get the new computer in service, I should be able to free up the card that is in here.  It is a dual DVI output and is running S5 OK.  I will tell you that if you are running thousands of channels on a large preview, it can have problems keeping up, but it does work.  I'm pretty sure I will be able to free up the card.  Come top think of it, I think I have a second dual output card that I can send you that also is running the current S5 beta.

Jim, PM Sent.

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Orville,

Give me a few days and I may have a card I can send you.  The replacement for this computer is arriving tomorrow (according to FedEx).  After I get the new computer in service, I should be able to free up the card that is in here.  It is a dual DVI output and is running S5 OK.  I will tell you that if you are running thousands of channels on a large preview, it can have problems keeping up, but it does work.  I'm pretty sure I will be able to free up the card.  Come top think of it, I think I have a second dual output card that I can send you that also is running the current S5 beta.

Jim, PM Sent.