Light-O-Rama Forums

My July Fourth Lights, Lor RGB Flood light kit+ 4 extra floods

GriswoldStyle

Yes I would have to agree with you reviews can kind of make you think sometimes. It's kind of like here in the forums where one person likes to use one type of Lights the other person likes to use another type of Lights based on their personal preference or one bad experience that causes them to never want to use that again.  Now having two of them fail out of three I don't know about that. I've ordered two at different times and both have worked but that's just my experience I had. As far as a plug missing yes that can happen through manufacturing mistakes. Heck I've accidentally done that on orders before when a customer will order a few decals and I accidentally forget to add one that they ordered to the package but  I correct it as soon as I'm notified. Amazon will replace it or issue a refund for anything that's defective or doesn't arrive anytime you order from a listing that states Prime you do not have to worry about it not showing up. If it doesn't Amazon will correct it immediately.

For example I ordered a carburetor for my son's lawn mower on Friday, it was supposed to be here yesterday. Yesterday I got an email from Amazon stating it had accidentally been shipped to the wrong sort facility and it was an error on their part so they overnighted me one through UPS to arrive today. For a $15 carburetor they just spent about $40 in shipping correcting it. Then again like I said everybody can have different experiences. So I definitely understand if you are a little apprehensive. Either way it's a great addition for me personally and I'm actually going to put one up on my neighbor's roof for Christmas. I run the house across the street on my Lor network using the EZ light llinkers and sync their house on 16 channels to mine Their house is all red white and blue so it will match perfectly. As long as it holds up for Christmas for running it every night for 4 to 6 hours it will be worth the money to me ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caniac said:

I would question the person that said he paid and never received it, anytime there has been issues Amazon has refunded me within 48 hours.  There are folks out there that scam Amazon all the time, to the tune of millions of dollars.  On the person that ordered 3 but 2 were bad I would need more info for (was it end user error or manufacturing flaw).  Missing plug could be an issue, how many of the positive reviews did you read?

Yeah I have to agree with you on that I get customers that will order a decal then tell me it never arrived even though tracking confirms delivery or will try to say I sent them the wrong one or to wrong address and anytime it's a newcomer buyer I ALWAYS take a picture of what I ship them next to the shipping label so that I know whether they're trying to scam me or not. Buyers with less than 10 feedback on eBay are notorious for playing that game. I couldn't tell you how many times I've busted people flat out when they tell me I sent the wrong size or the wrong decal and I asked them for a picture of it and they send a picture of somebody else's decal that I don't even make. So yes there are a lot of scammers out there that will try to do anything even if it's only $5 they will try their best to get their money back. Sometimes I just have to bite it an issue a refund it's not worth arguing over 5 bucks. but I definitely agree with you there are a lot of scam artists out there and people try to play games all the time. they hope if they leave a bad review you'll offer them a free replacement without requiring a return or just issue them a refund in order to change their review. I get that at least twice a month selling on eBay.

• Like 1

I noticed that it runs on 24V.  Could someone that has one, post the nameplate data (volts, amps, polarity)?

I was thinking a dedicated 24V bank on a CMB24D could control this with more effects.

Is it possible to split the flags power feeds into sections (flag areas)?

On 6/26/2018 at 6:11 PM, GriswoldStyle said:

@uncledan the 4 extra floods I got from you are on the side of the house. I gave them new life. Thanks again for those. They work great.

do you control from separate CMB24 channels, or double up with another flood?

12 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I noticed that it runs on 24V.  Could someone that has one, post the nameplate data (volts, amps, polarity)?

I was thinking a dedicated 24V bank on a CMB24D could control this with more effects.

I double up on channels five six seven and eight. Those channels are on my right front of the house and I have them doubled up to mimic the side. Reading through the specs in the Lor store said I could control up to 16 floods with that cmb24 kit. I just doubled up those four on the front right channels.

if I can get up on the roof later today I'll take a picture of what's on the plug but I'm not sure you could control it individually unless you did a lot of soldering as it is an actual net light if I can get up on the roof later today I'll take a picture of what's on the plug but I'm not sure you could control individually unless you did a lot of soldering as it is an actual net light with what appears to be only one power wire going through each one. You would probably have better luck building your own at that rate. But then again I am not sure as you guys are far more advanced than the electronics that then I am. I'm still new to this but I have a theory I learned in this forum,  if you want to light it up there IS a way to light it up LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caniac said:

I would question the person that said he paid and never received it, anytime there has been issues Amazon has refunded me within 48 hours.  There are folks out there that scam Amazon all the time, to the tune of millions of dollars.  On the person that ordered 3 but 2 were bad I would need more info for (was it end user error or manufacturing flaw).  Missing plug could be an issue, how many of the positive reviews did you read?

I read ALL the reviews on anything I'm considering purchasing.   It's the one reason I prefer to be able to go into a store, SEE, FEEL and KNOW everything works before I buy something like that.   But today that's getting harder and harder to do, not something I like or prefer, unfortunately it's the way things are going and that to me is not all that good or great.  But that's just me. 

Even with my Garden Railroad it's getting to the point I have to start looking on-line for things, instead of being able to go to the local Hobby Shop, see the loco run, hear the sounds and make sure all features work before I buy it and bring it home.  But now, the local Hobby Shops are starting not to carry things like they used to because they can't even compete with the internet pricing.  me, I'd rather pay a wee bit more money for something I can touch, see and hear to make sure it's definitely what I'm expecting, instead of online and then having to find some way to return it, if it can even be returned.

Give me a local store I can shop in any day over internet, despite the higher cost in store, I'd rather go there and maybe even meet a new friend, as opposed to staying  in and buying online, never really going out and meeting folks like we used to.  No wonder our society is going down the drain the way it is.  Again just my observation of how things are today as opposed to before this internet shopping insanity started.  

Sorry got a bit astray I think, but it seems relevant to me on how we shop today and where things are going.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

When I read the specs on the one posted here, it stated 29V, which I though was odd, usually L.E.D. are in the range of 5VDC, 12VDC or 24VDC.  First time I've ever seen an odd voltage like that one.   And it's plugged into AC, so I don't know if it's 29VDC or 29VAC per their specification, that should be a bit clearer. IMO

Edited by Orville
stated 29VDC twice, one should've been 29VAC

28 minutes ago, Orville said:

I read ALL the reviews on anything I'm considering purchasing.   It's the one reason I prefer to be able to go into a store, SEE, FEEL and KNOW everything works before I buy something like that.   But today that's getting harder and harder to do, not something I like or prefer, unfortunately it's the way things are going and that to me is not all that good or great.  But that's just me. 

Even with my Garden Railroad it's getting to the point I have to start looking on-line for things, instead of being able to go to the local Hobby Shop, see the loco run, hear the sounds and make sure all features work before I buy it and bring it home.  But now, the local Hobby Shops are starting not to carry things like they used to because they can't even compete with the internet pricing.  me, I'd rather pay a wee bit more money for something I can touch, see and hear to make sure it's definitely what I'm expecting, instead of online and then having to find some way to return it, if it can even be returned.

Give me a local store I can shop in any day over internet, despite the higher cost in store, I'd rather go there and maybe even meet a new friend, as opposed to staying  in and buying online, never really going out and meeting folks like we used to.  No wonder our society is going down the drain the way it is.  Again just my observation of how things are today as opposed to before this internet shopping insanity started.  

Sorry got a bit astray I think, but it seems relevant to me on how we shop today and where things are going.

problem with local stores is they almost never have the inventory, I have wide feet and all the local places have maybe two or three styles for my chubby feet while everyone else has dozens of styles to choose from.  Internet/online allows me to get thousands of styles and a perfect fit each time.

6 minutes ago, caniac said:

problem with local stores is they almost never have the inventory, I have wide feet and all the local places have maybe two or three styles for my chubby feet while everyone else has dozens of styles to choose from.  Internet/online allows me to get thousands of styles and a perfect fit each time.

The last 2 times I bought clothes over the internet, they were far too big and they stated they were my size on the tags, but they sure were about two sizes larger than the tag stated.  Same item I go in store and find, try on, perfect fit.   So that's part of the reason for certain things I'd rather not buy them online, clothing and shoes never work out for me buying online, I need the local retailer.

2 minutes ago, Orville said:

The last 2 times I bought clothes over the internet, they were far too big and they stated they were my size on the tags, but they sure were about two sizes larger than the tag stated.  Same item I go in store and find, try on, perfect fit.   So that's part of the reason for certain things I'd rather not buy them online, clothing and shoes never work out for me buying online, I need the local retailer.

I have just the opposite experience, if I don't buy them from the Harley shop then they are toddler size.

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Here is the plug label. Hope this helps

10mlqq0.jpg

6 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Here is the plug label. Hope this helps

10mlqq0.jpg

8aed58e4-6692-47cd-ba67-de9925b795d9._CR

Edited by Orville
This is the info they have posted 29V, doesn't match the cord voltage of 24V. Couldn't add text to message, so it's here in the edit box.

That says a CMB24 output would not even be strained .  all you need to do is identify the polarity of the 2 wires, and you get full control, just like any other DC LED string.

1/4 A is nothing.  Almost any 24VDC wall wort supply can feed a bank. https://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Adapter-5-5x2-5mm-UL-Listed-3206-24V/dp/B002LMQ6G2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1530676159&sr=8-4&keywords=24vdc+power+supply  this would power 8 of these flags  on a CMB24 bank with ease

Just remember, that module should NOT be used with dimming circuits (LOR)

Edited by TheDucks