Light-O-Rama Forums

My July Fourth Lights, Lor RGB Flood light kit+ 4 extra floods

GriswoldStyle

Since I like to light up the holidays, I am now lighting up for July 4th in patriotic colors red white and blue. The flag I ordered on Amazon. It's 8 feet wide and waterproof. Basically a net light. I ordered a second one that will arrive later this week. Shockingly these floods are really bright on my walls. The house is a mint green color and the floods show really good on it.

Its has 30 seconds of red white and blue color changing and 30 seconds of solid red white and blue. Using onboard sequence. Just figured I would share this with the forum ?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

@uncledan the 4 extra floods I got from you are on the side of the house. I gave them new life. Thanks again for those. They work great.

3 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

The flag I ordered on Amazon. It's 8 feet wide and waterproof.

Do you have a link for that flag?

8 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Here you go 

MZD8391 Waterproof American US Flag LED String Light

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CC9PV16/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bR2mBb8ZXPRYN

I have that, have been turning it on at nights since memorial day.  Plan on leaving it on thru labor day.  it is really bright, have it on a timer to come on at 7pm and go off at 11pm and because it is LED it cost almost nothing to run.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, caniac said:

I have that, have been turning it on at nights since memorial day.  Plan on leaving it on thru labor day.  it is really bright, have it on a timer to come on at 7pm and go off at 11pm and because it is LED it cost almost nothing to run.

So far so good. Stayed on during two nights of rain. I ordered a second one that will be here today. Really like this net light flag

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

So far so good. Stayed on during two nights of rain. I ordered a second one that will be here today. Really like this net light flag

it appears to be made better than I had originally thought.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, caniac said:

it appears to be made better than I had originally thought.

Same here. It looked cheap with thinner wire but I am actually really impressed and have 3 other neighbors ordering one now lol

Checking out the reviews, sure seems to be a mix of those that love it and those that have had issues with it.  From what I read of all those reviews, I think I'll pass and try and maybe construct my own sometime later down the road.  Beside I'd like to be able to control it and make it look like it's waving in a breeze or animate it in some fashion.   Not sure that might even be possible or workable with this particular lighted flag.

5 minutes ago, Orville said:

Checking out the reviews, sure seems to be a mix of those that love it and those that have had issues with it.  From what I read of all those reviews, I think I'll pass and try and maybe construct my own sometime later down the road.  Beside I'd like to be able to control it and make it look like it's waving in a breeze or animate it in some fashion.   Not sure that might even be possible or workable with this particular lighted flag.

for the price it's been great, I have a P10 panel with waving flag images I may put out for that effect.  Wasn't sure I would get to it this year so the LED flag was a good alternative, when I opened the box I wasn't overly impressed but when I stretched it out and set it on a timer for night time viewing I was impressed.  Would take some major reworking if you wanted to alter this flag, don't think that would be worth the time or money.

Folks that drive by like it so for me that is all that matters.

Edited by caniac

Well theres bad storms on the west coast of Florida by sugarmill woods right now with alot of lightning and my dusk timer kicked on half an hour ago for my lights and both flags. Too scared to go out in the lightning and unplug them. So in a little bit when storms are off the coast I will see how waterproof they really are since they have been on for 30 minutes already lol. Guess then I will know if it's worth the $28 bucks or if they get returned. Will post the results shortly 

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Well theres bad storms on the west coast of Florida by sugarmill woods right now with alot of lightning and my dusk timer kicked on half an hour ago for my lights and both flags. Too scared to go out in the lightning and unplug them. So in a little bit when storms are off the coast I will see how waterproof they really are since they have been on for 30 minutes already lol. Guess then I will know if it's worth the $28 bucks or if they get returned. Will post the results shortly 

Photo makes it look nice, but after reading some of the reviews, does make me question it.   Will be looking forward to reading your results with it.   Especially since I'm in the "LIQUID" Sunshine State as well. ROFL

• Like 1

Well I can say I am impressed. Both held up great. Pouring rain, strong wing gusts and lightning like crazy. Both are working and going strong. Rain lasted for just over an hour about 45 minutes of it was really rough rain and lightning every few seconds....

yes some of the reviews made me question it too but I'm actually quite impressed after seeing what they just held up to. This is the after photo of the one on the side of the house. You can just barely see the one on the front in the picture but it's at an angle so you can't really see it but both held up well.

2cmpt3r.jpg

Edited by GriswoldStyle

9 hours ago, Orville said:

Photo makes it look nice, but after reading some of the reviews, does make me question it.   Will be looking forward to reading your results with it.   Especially since I'm in the "LIQUID" Sunshine State as well. ROFL

mine survives my sprinkler system as well as the rain we have had off and on.  No issues, money well spent.

when it comes to reviews you have to take it with a grain of salt, whether you are looking for hemorrhoid  cream or a 70" UHD TV.  In reading reviews half the people will love the item and half will hate it.  The ones that don't like it you have to dig a little on to see if it is for valid reasons ("made in china, I only buy made in 'merica stuff").  Likewise if it is on Amazon then you have to be careful because there is a group of smart alecs out there that rate products but put a comical twist which are funny but don't help with the purchase.

I just bought one to replace an old incandescent one I had for years.  Bulbs had faded and was just too much to rehab.  I am impressed with it too - very bright and I know the colors will not fade with time.  Thanks for the heads up!

The main reviews that really caught my attention were the ones that stated they bought 3 and 2 were bad, along with one that stated that theirs d9dn't even have the plug attached to the flag so they couldn't even plug it in.  The final one that really made me wonder was the person that stated it was a scam because they paid for it and claimed they never got it.   Just a few of the ones that made me go Hmmmmmm, is this really worth the risk or not?

Seems you guys made out great with the L.E.D. Flags you purchased, might try one later down the road, got other things planned for the time being.

I would question the person that said he paid and never received it, anytime there has been issues Amazon has refunded me within 48 hours.  There are folks out there that scam Amazon all the time, to the tune of millions of dollars.  On the person that ordered 3 but 2 were bad I would need more info for (was it end user error or manufacturing flaw).  Missing plug could be an issue, how many of the positive reviews did you read?

• Like 1