Light-O-Rama Forums

I’m using Version 5.0.20 (Thanks for the "Nudge" and those tabs and some other stuff that made things clearer) so I’m posting this question here, even though my question is probably not specific to the version and has probably been answered before.  I’ve been using the standalone function on a couple of controllers to run simple sequences for landscape lighting. The sequences were short and repeated with no momentary blackout as the sequence repeated.  Recently, I changed the way I manage the landscape lighting so that I could run more complicated sequences. I’m using a G3-MP3 Director and Easy Links to run the sequences and it mostly works fine. The only problem is that there is a momentary blackout as the sequence repeats. Is there a way around this?

I have Momentary Blackouts all the time, but that's probably just me. 🙄

Thanks, Phil. I tested the "just me" theory by selecting five random neighbors to watch the lights. I gave no hints as to why they were asked to observe and four of five mentioned that the lights went "off and on" which is the layman's term for blackout. The fifth participant blacked out during the test. It was Saturday night and my random neighbors like to party. I also tried rebooting my system with eight hours of sleep, but momentary blackouts persist. Onward to Troubleshooting Option 2.

Richard

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On the MP3 player option what do you have your settings for between songs at when you put the sequence into it?

I use the SD card MP3 player from my shows and it always has at least a 1 second interval between songs or show per se. 

I personally have not experienced it in Standalone mode on the controllers  as it constantly repeats with no blackout on the cmb24 controller but there is always a slight pause between songs when running it from the MP3 player mini director during a show. Not sure if that is what you meant or not. I did however have a couple sequences that I just added them together so it would not show a pause. Basically added all three MP3 files into one long extended file. But for some reason have always had that one second where the lights go out I've just become accustomed to setting up a fade and then having it fade back in when I have it running off the MP3 director so people really don't notice that it just drops.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Thanks for your reply. I'm running only one animation sequence. No songs, no between songs. This is that blackout that happens as the sequence repeats. I don't know of any setting to keep lights on at the end of the sequence. This is landscape lighting, so the blackout is very noticeable. I know I could make the sequence two hours long so no repeating but that would be a pain in the sequence.

Are you absolutely sure that the blackout is not in the sequence?  I have run landscaping sequences for years, and the only blackout issues were when there was a missed time element.

The other suggestion is if you have channels that are exactly the same level from start to finish, vary it slightly.  For example, if a channel is 100% all the time, change the first time element to be a fade up from 99 to 100% and change the last time element to fade down from 100 to 99%.  I have seen some LOR versions or controllers that had issues with completely non changing levels.

Note that I don't use a director as I have always controlled my shows with a computer.

Thanks Jim. I think this issue is related to the director. The setup for a show is different.

@PCRail Thanks for your question! Light-O-Rama is investigating your issue and will post back here with our findings.

You might want to take a look at this thread

• Thanks 1