Module: Pixel Editor within S5 Sequencer

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.0.20
Pro Edition

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 382.05

Description: 

When I attempt to add a motion effect row to a pixel group by right click on pixel group > add/modify motion effect rows, the correct dialogue box opens to add motion effect rows, however the prop in the top left corner is the first prop in the group, not the group itself. Eg: If I had a pixel group called "All Window Outlines" with associated props "Window 1", "Window 2" and "Window 3", the prop listed in the motion effect rows dialogue after right clicking on the group would be "Window 1", not "Window Outlines".

I have also tried selecting group definition from the same right click menu, and adding motion effect rows that way, however they still do not appear in the sequencer view under the group, even after hiding and re-adding the group, restarting S5, re-adding the pixel group etc.

Notes:

1. This is happening to S4 (v4.3.26) sequence files imported to S5 v5.0.20.

2. This was not a problem when importing S4 sequence files to S5 v5.0.18.

3. When I open a v5.0.18 sequence file in 5.0.20, all pixel group motion effect rows are visible and able to be modified.

4. All S5 sequence files are using the same design preview (see #5)

5. The pixel groups were NOT part of the design preview being used in S4. I had modified the design preview in S5 v5.0.18 to include the pixel groups and imported a few S4 sequences with success, I then updated to v5.0.20, and I'm now importing S4 sequence files into v5.0.20 with this issue.

6. When I create a new sequence in S5 v5.0.20 and append pixel groups to a view, all motion effect rows appear correctly as defined in the design preview. No problems.

Repeatability: Repeatable.

1. Import S4 version sequence into S5 5.0.20.

2. Append new pixel group to a view.

3. Add/modify motion effect rows on pixel group (right click on pixel group > add/modify motion effect rows)

4. Prop listed in top left of dialogue box is the first prop in the group, NOT the group.

RESULT>> Unable to add motion effect rows to the pixel group.

Hardware Used: N/A

This is not related to a particular sequence, but appears to be an issue with S4 Sequences imported into S5 v5.0.20.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the report. This occurs in version 5.0.20 when you right-click on a group that has no motion effect rows. This will be fixed in the next release.

Note that motion effect rows created in Prop Definition or Group Definition only get applied to new sequences.

Matt