Light-O-Rama Forums

5.0.20 Changed Prop Preview

I just recently got my circle props sorted out in 5.0.18 so they would display correctly in SE and on the props themselves. The main issue was/is the way I have them wired. I finally figured out using groups to get them to display correctly in both. The problem was that some effects like bars left/right would work, but the prop would go blank if I applied  a bars up/movement to them.

After I upgraded to 5.0.20, I checked the circles and they are acting up again, in weirder way than before.

Gifs to illustrate the issue. :)

5%200%2020%20ss.gif

This is the way that SS is sequenced and how it should and did play up to ver 5.0.18

SE%20Arrow%20Preview.gif

In 5.0.20 if I put the cursor over the prop it shows how it should look. So far so good. But....

SE%20Actual%20Preview.gif

When I play the Sequence, this is what the prop does (at least in Sequencer) I will do a test on the actual prop later tonight to see what is happening on the prop itself.

That was the issue I was having before, that Prop and SE both showed different movements.

TIA.

Alan...

Edited by default

I not even sure where to begin to look for a problem. If you watch the SS effects (first gif) you see that at the beginning. circles 1 & 3 light up with effects. If you watch the last gif (it actually playing in SE) only Circles 1 & 2 light up. I don't understand that.

Installing 5.0.20 on a notebook to run some test on the actual props. I already am doing summer shows so I am a little leary to fully convert my show pc to 5.0.20 right now

Alan...

Edited by default

Do you have them wired like the 4 circle SuperStar sequences expect? Kinda looks like it... If so, then try importing the 4 circle prop from the new online SuperStar repository (Preview Design > Create Item > SuperStar), then delete circle 4. It should show up in SuperStar just how your gif shows them.

Matt

Matt,
I tried what you suggested but could not get it to work. Btw downloading a prop is slick idea. My props are not wired like Brians. He has each starting point on the left. I mixed mine up so that I could get all three CCR controllers and power supplies mounted in a weather proof enclosure as they are permanently mounted.

Here is a picture of how my Circles are wired.

circles.jpg

Brian also has his circle as one continuous string, whereas I made mine 2 Arches 1 flipped to make circle. I found this easier to make a group with 2 arches vertical stacked so that the bottom arch could be "flipped horizontally" to match my existing SS sequences. I tried Brians circles in every configuration I could think of. SS sequences would not import properly and when a Group for Preview was made the circles would show bars left/right, but go blank during up/down movements.

As I said above, it was working fine in 5.0.18. I was able to create and manipulate group to get all the functions to work. ie. SS, preview for up/down bars and left/right bars.

I am testing the props live, as in I have the laptop hooked up and can change the Preview and instantly see the result, both in SE and on the props.

The other strange thing I am seeing is that as in the gifs in the first post, if I Click the Selection Arrow and the click once (not play) on the Imported SS sequence line, the props lights and play as they should. Exactly like in my first post Gif#2. It shows properly on the prop and in SE. As soon as I hit the play button, it does exactly what is shown the original post Gif #3.

I am in the middle of my show season and still am sequencing for new props with 5.0.18. I backed up my sequences and have a notebook I can configure to plays show files on, thus leaving my laptop with 5.0.20 on it for testing. (notebooks don't have opengl and won't run SE)

Any other sugestions?

TIA
Alan...

Thank You Matt !

5.0.22 RC1 fixed this issue. I tested it on live props, all is good.

Thanks again.

Alan...