Light-O-Rama Forums

Software version

butlerlj

Sent a request in for my forgotten software key and received it almost instantly.  But the auto message states my max version is 3.16.  Can someone give me the link to that because I only see 3.12.4 as the max version. 

3.12.4 was the last S3 version released.  After that it is S4.  The software license is good for upgrades for one year.  LOR makes a wild guess as to what software version will be current in a year, that is the version listed.  It will also state, any version released by a date one year in the future from when you purchased the software (or an upgrade).   You have a couple of choices.  You can load 3.12.4 and run that (forever if you want), or purchase a software renewal which gives you another year of upgrades, or you can purchase an upgrade which includes an automatic renewal.  S3 is getting very dated, so I would recommend one of the latter two so that you can get the latest S4 (which came out just a couple days ago), and the year would let you upgrade to S5 when it comes out of beta - soon.  You could also be part of the S5 beta if you wanted to - I am running my landscape lighting on the S5 beta. 

Thank you k6cc, what are some of the bigger advantages of s4?  I'm only running two LOR controllers, 1 Falcon pixel controller and a couple dumb rgb controllers.  Everything seems to work fine but if s4 makes for faster or easier development of sequences then I would like to hear or read about that.  I will do a search on that but if you want to mention any advantages you have experienced I would love to hear them.

Thanks again....

S4 adds Pixel Editor, Enhanced Protocol, and Intensity files are the major changes, plus numerous changes to all of the applications.  I'm not going to try to retype years of release notes, but you can read them.

One other side note is lack of support (or more difficulty).  For example, asking about an issue here on the forum and stating that you are running some version of S3 will, cause people who are new enough that they never ran S3 to not even try to answer, and even for people who did run S3, we may not remember what all was different.  I actually ran into that a few weeks ago and could not really help the person because so much had changed in that particular part of the software.

Thanks Jim,

Yep, I think it's time to upgrade/renew.  So $30 for renewal and $50 to go to Pro from Advanced.  So if I upgrade to Pro renewals are still only good for a year correct?

Larry

Buy the upgrade to Pro and you don't need to separately buy a renewal.  Any software upgrade includes a year of renewal.

I think pro is the way to go.

I am going to start a new topic for my other problem but I will tell you in case you have ran across this before.  In eliminating issues from my pc I was removing programs and LOR was one of them. When reinstalling LOR it did not create any folders in documents ie. LOR, audio, sequences, nothing.   I can open sequence editor but when trying to open a new file I get an error. Have you heard this before?

• The topic was locked