Light-O-Rama Forums

Change in exported data using visualization mode.

Brad Stucky

I believe something with exporting intensity data from SuperStar has changed from version 4.3.26 to 4.3.30.  I have two E1.31 matrices planned for this year.  One of them is a 3-year-running 50x24 built directly in Superstar and the other is a new 150x16 Visualizer import.  For version 4.3.30, the 50x24 matrix built originally in 4.3.26 works fine when exported from 4.3.30, but the original 4.3.26 SUP file that was created with an import from the Visualizer ends up quite messed up when exported. I tried importing the visualization again and there was no change.  When the two 4.3.30 intensity files are merged and then played back in the sequencer, the direct-built matrix plays fine but the 150x15 does not.  To check this, I loaded into 4.3.30, several different working 150x16 SUP visualization files created in 4.3.26 and then exported the data for each, overwriting the 4.3.26 versions of the ss.lid files.  After doing this,  the ss.lid files no longer play correctly.   When I export and combine data using 4.3.26, everything plays back as it should.  The import visualization file was not changed for the new software.  

I left another recent post mentioning trouble I had with software installation on 2 different computers when upgrading from 4.3.26 to 4.3.30, just in case these 2 issues are related.

As a note, I could not get 4.3.26 to play quite right on the 150x16 matrix without selecting "Use My Order rather than SuperStar's" in the Prop Properties SuperStar Button using "Let Superstar Decide" about matrix. (no other check marks entered there)  Before I selected this, the playback was shifted around the 16 pixel width by 1 pixel, otherwise, very close to proper playback. Unchecking this parameter made no noticable difference for 4.3.30.  Now the export in 4.3.30 seems to be way off when using visualization mode.

Brian, I hope I'm not spoiling your day with this.   (I'm glad to see the shockwave width change to 200.)  Thanks.

Thanks for finding and reporting the problem. I will look into the problem tomorrow or Monday. If I have trouble duplicating the problems I will have you send your visualization to me.

I found a problem in the export of intensity data when using a visualization. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can send you instructions on how to get a new SSEdit.exe and you can test to see if it fixes the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks, Brian.  I also recreated the visualization from scratch in the 4.3.30 visualizer, imported it into SS 4.3.30 and the problem remained.  Email sent

Thanks, Brian.   It looks like you’ve taken care of the problem.    I’ve exported and merged both of my files and both the Visualizer and the LED matrices are playing properly now.  Thanks for your quick response. 

Good, glad it is working. The fix will be in the next release. Until then, anyone who needs the fix can email me.

Brian, does that problem exist in the current S5 code (and yea, I saw that 5.0.20 just came out)?  Currently on 5.0.18 and will update at least one computer to .20 today if I have time.

The problem does not occur when running S5. The problem only occurs if exporting intensity data from a sequence using a sequence that is using a visualization which is something you only do in S4.