Light-O-Rama Forums

Made a storage box for my USB-RS485 Adapters

I got tired of having all my USB-RSB485 adapters and wires taking up so much room in my little control box that I have setup for my show.

I made a storage box to put them in, and drilled another hole so the 2 USB connecters could connect to the laptop. It cleaned up my work area. For wishful thinking, I left room for expansion. ?

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

Edited by default
  • Like 1

Looks nice!

I only have three, but maybe I'll post a photo of what I did.

I may have to try something like that. I have 9.

The bad- I just tossed out an ADT control box that would have been great. Tore the sore off because I didn’t have the key- then found the key on the top of the box. LOL

Thanks for sharing.

JR

• 2 weeks later...

JR,

I am using a USB485 and it seems to be dragging my singing faces just are quite matching up.

I have a lot of RGB channels now Can I change the 485 to  high speed and get a better out put? 

Thanks,

9 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

JR,

I am using a USB485 and it seems to be dragging my singing faces just are quite matching up.

I have a lot of RGB channels now Can I change the 485 to  high speed and get a better out put? 

Thanks,

I use all HS adapters for each network.

How many networks donyou have?

If you are using one of my sequences feel free to email me your sequence after copy / paste and I can compare it to my master to ensure it copy pasted correctly.

At Halloween last year I had 17 singers, Brian’s largest RGB Webb, 16x50 ccr tree, 24x50 matrix, inflatables, floods all on one Network before I noticed any lag.

At Christmas I separated into 10 networks all using HS adapters. I had no lag.

JR

What do you consider a network? I have 3 RGB controllers and 2 regular controllers.

They run a mega tree 12 strings (RGB), 2 singing bulbs(RGB) and a singing snowman.

Thanks for the help, 

4 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

What do you consider a network? I have 3 RGB controllers and 2 regular controllers.

They run a mega tree 12 strings (RGB), 2 singing bulbs(RGB) and a singing snowman.

Thanks for the help, 

You shouldn’t see any lag with those connected together.

However splitting the RGB stuff, ie Mega Tree Network 1,  singing props Network 2,  3 RGB controllers network 3, 2 regular controllers network 4

That may unclog your data pipelines.

Each network would require its own adapter either HS or regular afapter. Red HS adapter can be used for any LOR network.

You just have to reconfigure the networks with the associated controllers.

From my understanding LOR S4 was not really set up for a whole lot of RGB stuff but that’s hearsay. After I separated my networks I never had any lag issues.

The lag issues I experienced while all was on one network was minimal however with singing faces minimal is very noticeable.

*** edit

Read your message wrong. With those controllers you shouldn’t have any lag, none.

Are you using the correct song/ album?

Also did you run the MP3 through audacity?

If you need my word document instructions let me know.

if you do not properly set the song with audacity the song will become out of time. I state that each time I post a shared sequence just so everyone knows. It is inevitable. I tested this several times and at one point I had a sequence that got behind the music by over a minute.

Theres no rhyme or reason and no way to know how long it takes, it just happens.

I would separate the RGB from AC controllers but at your point you shouldn’t have to.

Hopefully this helped.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I opened audacity and I am lost can I get your word document?

I get my music from youtube and convert it to a Mp3 or Mp4 and copy it to my sequence.

Again thank you for all the help I don't know to much but just enough to make me dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

JR,

Using audacity have all my songs converted and it seems to be working better,

Thanks again for all the help.

2 minutes ago, tbuff23 said:

JR,

Using audacity have all my songs converted and it seems to be working better,

Thanks again for all the help.

Any time, just ask and if I have the knowledge I will share. Happy I could assist you.

JR

• The topic was locked