Light-O-Rama Forums
Trailrider

LOR 4.3.28 crashes after install

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Sounds like one of my issues last year. My windows 10 computers (3 of them) would not play well with anything above 4.3.18 which is why I am stuck and happily running .18

All were the free Win10 upgrade.

Purchased a brand new top of the line Alienware laptop to run the show and never attempted to run anything but .18 on it.

IMO- don’t upgrade that win 7 machine. Once you do you are stuck with Win10, that was where I screwed up.

JR

I don't plan on upgrading the Windows 7 machine.  I have other programs on their for editing movies, etc. that I don't know will work well on Windows 10.  Everything works well with Windows 7 on it, "If it's not broken, don't mess with it!"

I would follow DevMikes suggestion.  I am on the latest version of S4 (and am running W10 Pro).  The only issue I had run into was due to a pending MS update.  Once I let the update run and reboot I ran the latest LOR install with no issues.  Have NOT installed the latest S5 because there is no production release as of yet.

Denny:

What Anti Virus/Security suite are you using?

If anyone else is seeing this particular error, have some time to spend with me in a remote session during the day, and would like to help please let me know by opening a help desk ticket.  Don't follow any of my other instructions found here to try to fix the issue.  I need to see what it looks like when you get the error.

5 hours ago, DevMike said:

Denny:

What Anti Virus/Security suite are you using?

Mike,

Since this computer is not normally connected to the internet, there is only Windows Defender on it, no other anti virus program.

Thanks Denny.

Again, anyone else, if you are having the issue please let us know and don't try to fix it.  We need to see exactly what is happening at the time the error is occurring.  If you can get it to repeat, open a help desk ticket so we can do a remote session and gather more information.

We have now been able to duplicate (we think) the issue.