Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel setup question

dannh

This may be dumb, but I can't seem to find the answer in any of the documentation.

I have a CCR2, with 2 strands of 100 pixels and have a couple questions:

Does each port have it's own ID, or is it just a continuous ID?

In pixel editor what would my setup be to control all 200 pixels? Would it be 600 channels? 

2 Unit ID’s

I set my controllers up in SE and not up in PE.

CCR 2 is a pixie2

In SE right click on a channel butto

Add device above or below

Add Pixie

Add pixie 2

Set at 100 pixels strings and the rest is done for you

Please add software version to your profile.

JR

Software updated.

Ok so you do all your RGB editing in sequence editor? Seems like that would be a lot of work

In the pixel editor you build a prop first then assign the amount of pixels to that prop and the ID number and start channel of that prop

57 minutes ago, dannh said:

Software updated.

Ok so you do all your RGB editing in sequence editor? Seems like that would be a lot of work

I use SuperStar mostly

JR

On 6/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, dannh said:

This may be dumb, but I can't seem to find the answer in any of the documentation.

I have a CCR2, with 2 strands of 100 pixels and have a couple questions:

Does each port have it's own ID, or is it just a continuous ID?

In pixel editor what would my setup be to control all 200 pixels? Would it be 600 channels? 

When I set my CCB100 up in SE, it's just one unit ID, I gave it 01, it's  2 strands with 50 RGB bulbs per strand, total of 100 bulbs, it shows up in my SE as CCD 01 s1 for the first strand, the second shows up as CCD 01 s2.   So my RGB controller only has one actual physical ID of 01, but the SE splits it into two "S"ections, s1 and s2.  Works out great for me.

yea I'm not sure what I'm missing. Hardware config verifies that I've got my CCC on ID 3, and tests fine. Pixel editor has everything set for ID 3. Go into sequence editor, everything is still set for ID 3. Go to play and got zilch.

Going to take a brief sanity break from it all ;)

2 hours ago, dannh said:

yea I'm not sure what I'm missing. Hardware config verifies that I've got my CCC on ID 3, and tests fine. Pixel editor has everything set for ID 3. Go into sequence editor, everything is still set for ID 3. Go to play and got zilch.

Going to take a brief sanity break from it all ;)

You have to set your comm port!

That will fix it up.

Ensure that whatever comm port your HU finds it in that it is the same in your network config in SE.

Do not refresh your comm port (top left) in HU. When setting up controllers in HU only refresh the unit (top center)

JR

Also keep in mind that the original CCP and CCB you could change the settings (normal or dual normal) to make it act a one long string (normal - one unit id) or two seperate strings (dual normal - two unit id's). The new ones are considered a pixie 2 and automatically uses two unit id's. You assign the base id (you assign id 1) and the software automatically assigns the second id to the second strand (software assigns id. 2).

6 minutes ago, dannh said:

com31.PNGcom32.PNGYea I checked that, Comm/COM 3 on both. 

Your setup is using ID3 for one string and ID4 for the second string.

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Your setup is using ID3 for one string and ID4 for the second string.

Sorry where do you see that?

Just now, dannh said:

Sorry where do you see that?

In the top blue highlighted area it says,  03-Oixie2-ver 1.03,  it shows you assigned ID 03 to the controller. Since Pixies automatically assign an ID to each port that means the second port (string) on that controller is ID 04.

Pixie controller are different, you assign the base ID and the software assigns a ID to each port. A Pixie 2 will use two ID's, a Pixie 4 uses four I'D's, a Pixie 8 uses eight ID's and so on.

Ok so it should be using ID 3 for the first port of 100 pixels, then ID 4 for the 2nd port of 100 pixels. I had it setup that way at first then someone said it was all one, let me change it back and see. 

9 minutes ago, dannh said:

Ok so it should be using ID 3 for the first port of 100 pixels, then ID 4 for the 2nd port of 100 pixels. I had it setup that way at first then someone said it was all one, let me change it back and see. 

As I stated earlier, you could run the originals in Normal, Legacy or Dual Normal modes. The new Pixie 2 can't be programmed that way. In the Pixie series controllers the number of ports determines the number of unit ID's that will be used.

port.PNG.17861d7e6f4160be08c376d1e99e9530.PNG

Made the change but no difference. Neither string lights up at all. I did note that I had the hardware utility up and running when I first loaded the song to play and it did mention port 3 was already in use (I had to close the hardware utility) so it's definitely on the right com port.

4 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Are you sequencing in the pixel editor 

I've got pixel editor on one machine that I've been testing, and on another machine I've upgraded to the 5 beta and tested it there in the sequencer. Both had the same result.

If your sequencing in the pixel editor in lor mode  that controller needs to be set to enhansed mode in network Preferances 

1 minute ago, Dennis Laff said:

If your sequencing in the pixel editor in lor mode  that controller needs to be set to enhansed mode in network Preferances 

They can't use enhance mode as they have a Basic Plus licence. (At least that is what their profile states.)