Light-O-Rama Forums
Mguinn34

CCB-II in Visualizer

Really would like to have a correct setup in LOR visualizer using CCB-II 100 bulbs per string x2. Since you can't use anything above 50 pixels/bulbs, how do you resolve this? Or do i really have to set up like 4 different Unit ID's and strings just to get a visual? I don't use pixel editor or superstar. (Straight shooter!) Thanks.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:22 PM, Mguinn34 said:

Really would like to have a correct setup in LOR visualizer using CCB-II 100 bulbs per string x2. Since you can't use anything above 50 pixels/bulbs, how do you resolve this? Or do i really have to set up like 4 different Unit ID's and strings just to get a visual? I don't use pixel editor or superstar. (Straight shooter!) Thanks.

Hi Mguinn,

I have been told by LOR that the S4 visualizer does not support a feature with more than 50 pixels/bulbs.  I personally agree with you in not using Pixel Editor or Superstar so I am curious if a workaround has been found on this.  My guess is that you'd have to create a separate feature, but you'd also need to match the way that the CCB-II controller handles the channels.  I know with the Mark I controllers one pixel string was the main unit ID (with 300 channels), and the other pixel string was the main unit ID plus one.  Does the CCB-II controller do the same thing (but with 600 channels per string), or does it actually separately itself into four Unit ID's?  I am using two 50-pixel strings on my mega tree this year but next year I plan to use two 100-pixel strings so I am definitely interested in learning more about how all this works.

I have been told that the S5 software (which was announced - I believe - almost three years ago) does support the longer pixels, but it still hasn't been released to the public due to what I have been told is technical difficulties.  There is a beta version of the software available, but I am not going to base my show (or even my programming) on a beta version of the software.

I am interested in getting in touch to share thoughts on this issue and would love to chat by phone if you're interested - send me a PM if you are.

Thank you - I hope this does help a little bit at least.

-Scott