Light-O-Rama Forums

Letters To Santa

Protege94

Just curious if anyone puts out a Letters to Santa box? If so do you have pic? Did you make it or buy? 

I do.

I actually place it on top of my blocked mailbox.

Its a white mailbox.

My wife decorated it with glitter reflective paper. Then sealed it with Modpodge. 

At hobby lobby they had some gold glitter antlers that make it look like a reindeer (sort of)

i asvertize it in the community FB page. I put candy canes and whoever leaves a letter can take candy canes.

The mAil lady picks it up and it goes to the USPS letters to Santa. Each letter that meets the deadline gets a return letter stamped from the North Pole from the big guy himself.

Sorry no pics because PB pretty easy just think children Christmas theme

if you pm me a cell I can text a couple pics to you. It’s pretty nice.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

https://m.facebook.com/HappyLights.Ramona/photos/a.574110115933701.135613.448590921818955/1772116642799703/?type=3&source=54&ref=page_internal

I made one last year.  If you follow the link to my facebook page I have progress photos of the one I built.

If the letters had a return address they got a personalized letter from Santa.

40 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I do.

I actually place it on top of my blocked mailbox.

Its a white mailbox.

My wife decorated it with glitter reflective paper. Then sealed it with Modpodge. 

At hobby lobby they had some gold glitter antlers that make it look like a reindeer (sort of)

i asvertize it in the community FB page. I put candy canes and whoever leaves a letter can take candy canes.

The mAil lady picks it up and it goes to the USPS letters to Santa. Each letter that meets the deadline gets a return letter stamped from the North Pole from the big guy himself.

Sorry no pics because PB pretty easy just think children Christmas theme

if you pm me a cell I can text a couple pics to you. It’s pretty nice.

JR

I sent you a text.

Im thinking aboth trying to make one big box that incorporates a letters to santa slot, a donation slot and a drawer of some sort full of candy canes

1 minute ago, 75redman said:

https://m.facebook.com/HappyLights.Ramona/photos/a.574110115933701.135613.448590921818955/1772116642799703/?type=3&source=54&ref=page_internal

I made one last year.  If you follow the link to my facebook page I have progress photos of the one I built.

If the letters had a return address they got a personalized letter from Santa.

Thanks, ill take a look at your FB page when I get home at it is blocked at work. I plan on sending as many letters back as possible. Custom writing them all and then using different north pole style stamps

4 minutes ago, Protege94 said:

Thanks, ill take a look at your FB page when I get home at it is blocked at work. I plan on sending as many letters back as possible. Custom writing them all and then using different north pole style stamps

My wife bought a wax seal with S. C. on it and we sealed each envelop with it.  Just an extra touch.

If you guys let the USPS pick them up it’s less work and $ for you.

There is a USPS website that has all the info.

They get really nice letters back and it’s free. I just don’t have the time to send all the letters we get myself. That was my first thought when I started it until the mail man told me about the official site.

Post marked North Pole and all. Kids and parents live it.

JR

1 hour ago, Protege94 said:

I sent you a text.

Im thinking aboth trying to make one big box that incorporates a letters to santa slot, a donation slot and a drawer of some sort full of candy canes

Depending on how hot it is a Christmas where you are I would place candy canes each evening.

The first year I did it I had an ant invasion. Last year as well, someone donated a huge bag of candy canes in a weekend when I was out of town, temp here was hot , a few days later we had 10” of snow. 

When

i check my mail I pick up the canes, then when wife goes to work

she places about 25 in the box. Works out well.

JR

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Depending on how hot it is a Christmas where you are I would place candy canes each evening.

The first year I did it I had an ant invasion. Last year as well, someone donated a huge bag of candy canes in a weekend when I was out of town, temp here was hot , a few days later we had 10” of snow. 

When

i check my mail I pick up the canes, then when wife goes to work

she places about 25 in the box. Works out well.

JR

It gets cold here so the bugs arent an issue. Usually when the display shuts down I go outside, collect all the donations and candy canes and then put more candy canes out right before the show starts the next day. I noticed I would have 10 or so in my contained at the end of the show then the next day they would all be gone in the afternoon. This saved a lot of canes.