Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with shockwave width when scaling up

Brad Stucky

I'm adding a 16x150 matrix to our display this year and have run into an issue when scaling effects from a 24x50 matrix.  When scaling a shockwave to the wider matrix, the width of the shockwave on a few of my effects is taken above 50 which seems to be the limit that you can enter into that parameter field.  I'm only reminded of the situation if I happen to click on the effect.  The parameter window will then pop up and state to re-enter a value of 50 or less.  If I escape out, which is a little tricky sometimes, the larger scaling width value remains and when I export the data to the sequence editor, it plays back properly as intended on the 150x16 matrix, so the "incorrect" value seems to be accepted properly for playback. Am I just getting lucky that the SuperStar editor is allowing this without a problem?  Since these particular shockwave effects require covering the full width of the larger matrix, I was hoping that this limiting width value can be increased without creating  some other issue?  I'm using version 4.3.26 with 80CCR license and sending the data through a PixCon16 via dmx E1.31 using 16 universes, one for each row.

Thank you for any help.

In the next release I will increase the limit of the message that tells you to enter 50 or less. As you indicate, it is an arbitrary limit, it will work fine with larger limits. I think I will increase it to 200

Thanks for your quick response, Brian.  Glad to hear this is just a temporary arbitrary limit.