Light-O-Rama Forums

Dimming curves downloads?? G3 controllers

Mister

I am running all led lights on professional series 8 channel , G3 firmware controllers and want to dim the led lights i am running, so not to blind people.

I have read that i can download dimming curves and then upload them to the controllers, but i can not find any page or place that these so called downloads are located!! Can someone give me alittle advice on this.

Also.i am not us ing LOR sequence software which is why i want to dim the lights at the controller. Then.instead of in the sequences. Advice?....

Never needed to do it, but I believe you create the dimming curve files yourself.  Memory serves me that the instructions are in the controller manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have read the manual like 3 times, i can see there is dim curve 1, which is set of led lights.

Where/how do i make my own dimming curves to upload to the controller??? I can adjust the dim in the hardware utility, but i dont see a place or tab to click to save that as a file to download into the controller. Am I missing something here??

Page 6 and 7 of CTB16PCg3 manual explains it.  Open one of the existing curve files (this computer only had one) with a text editor and it will be pretty obvious with the description in the manual how to edit it.  After you save the file (with an appropriate name), open the Hardware Utility, scan for controllers, select the one you want to upload, and select Advanced Configuration.  On the left side will allow setting which curve to use for each channel, and on the right side, the ability to download to the controller any curves that are on the PC, but not the controller (or revised versions of existing files).

• The topic was locked