Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I think a "Once_fit_to_duration" selection should be available for all motion effects that apply. Without having to manually adjust to the duration selected on the timing grid. 

Good suggestion. Which effects in particular did you have in mind?

Matt

Basically anything with movement. That way you can easily and quickly pick an effect to run for however long you want it to at a certain speed. Take scanner for example. If you want it to run for 2 seconds it would scan pretty fast one time across your prop, but if you want it to run for 10 seconds it would scan slower one time to fit your selected duration. I hope that makes sense. Also, a plain old "ON" button with color selection would be nice too. I just downloaded S5 Beta today so maybe I just haven't figured out the "ON" part yet. 

I totally agree with Rusty on this point, Matt. "Once fit to duration" is a real time saver in programming sequences and it saves you from worrying about whether the effect is fast or slow enough for a particular segment.

More recommendations for S5:

1. The "Track 1" names on the left no longer light up in the assigned color on playback - just a tiny little square does. This is something I really miss, especially when programming "mouth open, mouth closed, and mouth circle" segments for singing faces and characters. in S4, I could always watch the left-hand channels to see if the lighting corresponded to the singing. Please bring that back!

2. Also lost is a way to see at which timing mark you are at exactly. In S4, you could right-click and it would tell you where you're at in the sequence. This is extremely useful when pasting timings in the sequence. Please bring that back in S5!

3. If you "repeat to fit" paste some cells, it doesn't work right - doesn't fill the area to be pasted. It's not cell oriented. Try copying two adjacent cells into an area of 10 cells to the right of them. The 10 cells are not the same size as the cells that are being copied. It doesn't fill those cells.

4. I miss "paste - repeat multiple" in S4 - can you bring that back too please?

Thanks for listening and I am enjoying using 5.0.20 - happy to see the progress!

Bob

15 hours ago, bbrescia said:

1. The "Track 1" names on the left no longer light up in the assigned color on playback - just a tiny little square does. This is something I really miss, especially when programming "mouth open, mouth closed, and mouth circle" segments for singing faces and characters. in S4, I could always watch the left-hand channels to see if the lighting corresponded to the singing. Please bring that back!

The squares next to the row name are a replacement for the names lighting up. We can make the squares wider, would that help? If so, we would probably make the width configurable.

2. Also lost is a way to see at which timing mark you are at exactly. In S4, you could right-click and it would tell you where you're at in the sequence. This is extremely useful when pasting timings in the sequence. Please bring that back in S5!

Select some cells. Right-click > Timing Mark > Copy Timing. Then Right-click > Timing Mark > Paste Timing at X.XX. If that is what you are referring to, then it is still there, it is just under the Timing Mark submenu now.

3. If you "repeat to fit" paste some cells, it doesn't work right - doesn't fill the area to be pasted. It's not cell oriented. Try copying two adjacent cells into an area of 10 cells to the right of them. The 10 cells are not the same size as the cells that are being copied. It doesn't fill those cells.

It works exactly like "Repeat to fit" in the S4 Sequence Editor, which is a repeat-by-time-to-fit-the-selection.

4. I miss "paste - repeat multiple" in S4 - can you bring that back too please?

The S5 "Paste Special" function (right-click Paste Special, Ctrl-Alt-V shortcut, or Clipboard With Star toolbar icon) has all of the functionality of the S4 Sequence Editor's Paste Multiple function.

Matt

Yes, please make the squares next to the row name configurable. I would like to see them light up in the assigned color on playback and to set their width - thanks!

On #2, in S4, I would often right-click an existing timing mark just to see exactly what it was. Then, when pasting a bunch of timing marks from somewhere else on a freeform grid (no timings), I would right-click and see to confirm that it is at the exact timing mark that I need - then I would paste the new timings. I guess what you're saying is that I can do that but it's nested in the menu structure. It should be available as a top-level right-click menu choice, in my opinion.

On #3, then what's the new process for copying say, one cell into ten adjacent cells but those 10 cells are the not the same width as the cell being copied?

Thanks!

Bob

The color patches next to the row names will be of configurable size in the next release.

To perform the copy:

1) make sure the paste mode is set to "paste by cell"

2) select the area to paste into

3) select Paste Special (right-click Paste Special, Ctrl-Alt-V shortcut, or Clipboard With Star toolbar icon) 

4) specify the number of times to repeat horizontally

This is the same process as the Sequence Editor, except Paste Multiple has been replaced with Paste Special.

Matt