Light-O-Rama Forums

SS Keeps crashing - Could use some Advice

Breeze

Hello everyone,

I am using SS in the demo mode to learn it before I buy the SS add on, it worked fine for a day or so but now, as I am working on a sequence, SS keeps crashing.. It seems to happen mostly when I use the pause or fast forward/reverse buttons. It happens other times also but I noticed it happens mostly at that time.. Is this because its Demo or? I have no issues with my Pro level Licensed versions of the sequence editor or Pixel Editor.. 

I want to purchase the SS add on but now I am gun shy to do so as it really keeps crashing and im not sure why? Any one else have this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.. As mentioned I don't think its my computer system as all other LOR software works great no issues, frustrated here and not sure I should buy SS add on at this point...

Thanks everyone

Breeze

Crash bugs are my highest priority to investigate and fix.

The fact that you are using the demo version is not related to the bug. The demo version executes the exact same code, the only difference is that you cannot export your sequence.

What version are you running?

Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can set up a time to remote into your computer and see what is happening.

Brian that is amazing that you offer to help that way.. The version is 4.3.24.. Like I said im not sure whats up... I will email you as you said and maybe you could help me.. Is there any better time for you to do it? I will send email now to remind you and also so you have my contact info.. Thanks again Brian...

Brian provides GREAT service with SuperStar.  He will bend over backwards to get it working for you.

Breeze emailed me a copy of the sequence he was using. To duplicate the crash I simply opened the sequence and clicked on the "Play All" button and it would crash.

It turns out the bug happens because pixels in the scenes in the sequence extend beyond the 16 ribbons. This is a bug I found myself back in December and the bug is fixed on my computer and the fix will be in the next release. But until then, the workaround is to do the following:

1) launch superstar

2) open the sequence

3) click on the Tools menu and select "Layout", and change the number of ribbons to something larger like 30

4) click on the "scene" button on the toolbar. In the "Scene Setup" dialog box there is a list of the scenes. Click on top scene in the list. Erase any pixels that go beyond the 16 ribbons, then click on the "Modify" button. Do this for each scene in the list.

5) After erasing all the pixels that go beyond the 16 ribbons you can set the layout back to 16 and the sequence should now play without crashing

Also, "Breeze" says he is a newbie, but the sequence he sent me is very good! Keep it up, and sorry you ran into this bug!