Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pixie16 Setup

Kwass

Hey all.  New to LOR and this forum.  I recently purchased the LOR Pixie 16 and have connected it to my PC with the appropriate cables.  I was successful in getting my PC to recognize the Pixie 16 and installed 1 RGB light strip to port 1.   The light strip is getting power (color is blue) but I am not able to get any other color working.  I have searched this forum but cant find anything on Pixie16 install.  If you can point me in the right direction or can message me directly, I would appreciate any help possible.    Thanks! 

First, you need to fill in your profile so we know what version software you are using and what your license level is.

Mr P.  Thanks for the response.  I updated the profile.    I am using 4.3.26 and License level is Pro

Perfect, now we know that your software can handle the pixie.

You say you tested, how did you test? Through the HU?

3 minutes ago, Kwass said:

Mr P.  Thanks for the response.  I updated the profile.    I am using 4.3.26 and License level is Pro

Some may/may not agree with me.  But my thinking is this.  I recently upgraded my software to PRO, and I am learning to use Pixels.  So, I figured if I have to learn new things, why not learn using S5.

So, I am.  I am really liking S5, and I have time if I see an issue I think.... HOWEVER the negative is, I still have no clue what I am doing.  But imagine S5 isn't the cause of that.

Mr P.  Yes, I am testing everything in hardware utility.  I took a pic of the screen but the file is too large even when zipped.   The PC is able to see the Pixie 16 in HU

How I tested

I have 2 RGB strip lights in port 1 and port 2 (small 3 foot sections)

In LOR control I have changed the color to different colors and hit the test button

I have also tried every Pixel Type option in Cosmic Color/Pixel Config.

I am sure it is a setting that I have not figured out, but for the life of me (and 5 hours of playing with this thing) I cant seem to crack the code.

I cant get the lights connected to the Pixie 16 to change colors or turn off.  Just constant on and the color is blue.

Hope this helps

I have taken a pic of the HU but this forum only allows for files less than .5MB.  Even zipped the pic is over 1MB.  

Okay, make sure the Control Panel is running then open the HU.

Set the Unit ID, the Pixie16 uses 16 Unit ID's, one for each port. You set the Unit ID for the first port and the software sets the ID's for the next 15 automatically in order. So if you set the first port to Unit ID 1 then the rest will go 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9. 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10 automatically.

Once the ID is set click the Refresh button so it finds the Pixie16.

When found click the Config button on the bottom then click Cosmic Color/ Pixie Config button.

In the Config you must know the type of pixels you are using, normally WS2811 (800 or 400).

Put in the color order of the pixels, RGB, BRG etc. (this info should come from the pixel manufacturer)

Channel Mode should be Triples.

Put in # of pixels per port, 50 or 100.

Click OK

Back in the HU main page,  click Pixel Console button on the bottom.

When Console opens click Pixel type in bottom left, CCB/CCP/Pixie.

Set the Unit ID, 01 for port 1, 02 for port 2 and so on.

Click on Controller buttons on bottom for the corresponding color you want to turn on or All Off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwass said:

Mr P.  Yes, I am testing everything in hardware utility.  I took a pic of the screen but the file is too large even when zipped.   The PC is able to see the Pixie 16 in HU

How I tested

I have 2 RGB strip lights in port 1 and port 2 (small 3 foot sections)

In LOR control I have changed the color to different colors and hit the test button

I have also tried every Pixel Type option in Cosmic Color/Pixel Config.

I am sure it is a setting that I have not figured out, but for the life of me (and 5 hours of playing with this thing) I cant seem to crack the code.

I cant get the lights connected to the Pixie 16 to change colors or turn off.  Just constant on and the color is blue.

Hope this helps

I have taken a pic of the HU but this forum only allows for files less than .5MB.  Even zipped the pic is over 1MB.  

If you need assistance with configuring your pixie(s) shoot me a PM and a good time to call. Can get you up and running in no time. 

NO CHARGE!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Mr P, I tried everything you said and still not working.  I am not sure if my existing lights (ordered years ago) are WS2811.  I just ordered some additional WS2811 lights.   I will try again once they arrive. Stay tuned

• The topic was locked