Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird noise when playing back sequences slower in SE?

Kennan

So I change the playback speed to 1/4 or 1/2, and the sound that actually plays back at that speed sounds nothing like the song, just weird and almost demonic-like.

Any help?

It sounds like its changing the pitch when it changes the speed, which is something that I don't want (and hasn't happened before).

EDIT: Whilst programming last years light show, I could change the speed of the media file without the pitch shifting.

Edited by Kennan

2 hours ago, Kennan said:

So I change the playback speed to 1/4 or 1/2, and the sound that actually plays back at that speed sounds nothing like the song, just weird and almost demonic-like.

Any help?

It sounds like its changing the pitch when it changes the speed, which is something that I don't want (and hasn't happened before).

That's what happens when you show down an audio file.  For you old timers, just like playing a 45 RPM record with your turntable set to 33 1/3 RPM (only more so).

Similarly, playing at 2X speed makes it sort of sound like chipmonks (they do some speech alterations when recording, so it's not exactly the same).

Edited by k6ccc

49 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That's what happens when you show down an audio file.  For you old timers, just like playing a 45 RPM record with your turntable set to 33 1/3 RPM (only more so).

Similarly, playing at 2X speed makes it sort of sound like chipmonks (they do some speech alterations when recording, so it's not exactly the same).

That's odd, because last years light show I could slow down any media file in the sequence editor and the pitch wouldn't shift...

I've been doing this since version 2.9.4, and it's always done it.  No real practical way NOT have it change the pitch.  Sort of the way audio works.

Before someone says it CAN be done, yes with some digital signal processing, it can.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I've been doing this since version 2.9.4, and it's always done it.  No real practical way NOT have it change the pitch.  Sort of the way audio works.

Before someone says it CAN be done, yes with some digital signal processing, it can.

Alright, well thank you for informing me.. Still kind of weird that when I sequence on my laptop the pitch doesn't shift....