Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Kennan

Pixels in the visualizer (S4)

Recommended Posts

I am just completely lost on how to get pixels to playback the sequence in SE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, what level license do you have? I believe you need Advanced or higher. I have Pro and use the pixel editor for my  sequencing and visualizing. Hope this helps.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zvacman said:

First off, what level license do you have? I believe you need Advanced or higher. I have Pro and use the pixel editor for my  sequencing and visualizing. Hope this helps.

Z

Yes, I have pro. I have the pixels programmed in PE, I just need to know how to add them to the visualizer and be able to play back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kennan said:

Yes, I have pro. I have the pixels programmed in PE, I just need to know how to add them to the visualizer and be able to play back.

What props are you using? That will help.

Also You have to asign whatever you build in vis to your correct controller and channel numbers.

If you would like help PM a cell # and I will walk you through it. Also include best time to call.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

What props are you using? That will help.

Also You have to asign whatever you build in vis to your correct controller and channel numbers.

If you would like help PM a cell # and I will walk you through it. Also include best time to call.

JR

Thats the problem, setting up the controller and channel numbers. And I don't want to call due to a few personal problems. Could we chat via PM's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can set you up a lot easier on phone. I do it all of the time.

To many variables to PM. It would be like writing a book. 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kennan said:

Thats the problem, setting up the controller and channel numbers. And I don't want to call due to a few personal problems. Could we chat via PM's?

What is the problem with IDs?  Is your issue that you don't know what IDs to use, or how to assign them?  I'll address the first, and then in a couple paragraphs, the second.   You have a Pro level license, so you can use whatever IDs you want that makes sense to you.  You did not say what hardware you are using.  Some hardware has some special things to know about assigning IDs.  For example, with Pixie controllers you configure the Pixie with the ID for the first string, and it then assigns the IDs for the remaining strings.  For example, for a Pixie 16 controller, if you assigned it ID 05, the 16 strings would become IDs 05, 06, 07, 08 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14 (remember that the IDs count in hexadecimal - not decimal).  CCB / CCP controllers with two strings operate the same way when operating in "Dual Normal" mode - where you assign the ID for the first string, and it automatically configures the second string to the next ID (also in hex).

My suggestion is to use a numbering scheme that makes sense to you.  For example, I use three LOR networks (Regular, AuxA, & AuxB).  Although you CAN duplicate controller ID numbers on different networks, I don't recommend doing so as it can be confusing to us human beings - the equipment doesn't care at all.  In my case my Regular LOR network is allocated in my numbering plan to have controller IDs 01 - 1F, the AuxA network has controller IDs 11 - 1F, and my AuxB network is allocated controller ID 21 - 2F.  In reality the regular network only has a single InputPup on it, and AuxA has five controllers.  Both of those networks are used year round.  AuxB is used for Christmas only and has three CCP controllers.  For 2018, both AuxA and AuxB are getting more controllers.

Now for the second possibility - you don't know how to assign them.  That actually leads to a few more questions.  Do you not know how to assign the IDs in the physical hardware, in the LOR software that is used for sequencing (Sequence Editor or Pixel Editor), or how to assign the IDs in Visualizer?

And JR is right that a phone call can solve a lot of these issues in minutes that would take a novel worth of PMs or forum posts.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×