Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood Sequences

zing

Looking for a little help on some sequences with RGB floods (I searched forums and everything that came up was closed topics).  This is my first year with RGB floods, well RGB in general, and not really sure how to incorporate them with my show yet.  Any ideas / sequences would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance for your help

zingmoney8@yahoo.com

8-pack 10-watt

50-watt single flood 

homemade 

what kind and how many helps. 

Most do some form of wall washing 

unless your name is Santas Helper (Tom)

he made a rgb flood mega arch that doubles as viewer blinders

• Like 1

Oops, sorry. 8 floods @ 10W from LOR.

House is a tan stucco, so I'm more curious how well it's going to work on it

Well, I use (3) 50-watt floods to wash the background. Combination stone and red brick. Work great.

I have seen many homes using the 8-pack 10-watts like you have and they look great as well.

Here's one of mine from a few years ago to give you some ideas.

9 hours ago, zing said:

Looking for a little help on some sequences with RGB floods (I searched forums and everything that came up was closed topics).  This is my first year with RGB floods, well RGB in general, and not really sure how to incorporate them with my show yet.  Any ideas / sequences would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance for your help

zingmoney8@yahoo.com

might not be exactly what you are looking for - but I sent you a few sequences anyway.

Good luck.

Here is how mine look as a wash on beige brick.

DSC06411_zpsa0a73c55.jpg

DSC06409_zps5e5c6231.jpg

DSC06407_zpsdd56afd4.jpg

DSC06391_zps3434ae52.jpg

IMG_20171031_214240_zpsa2kx4zpv.jpg

Edited by Santas Helper

18 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

DSC06411_zpsa0a73c55.jpg

DSC06409_zps5e5c6231.jpg

DSC06407_zpsdd56afd4.jpg

DSC06391_zps3434ae52.jpg

Ohhhhh pretty colors. Reminds me of my teenage years... Well now, I am officially your fan! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

8-pack 10-watt

50-watt single flood 

homemade 

what kind and how many helps. 

Most do some form of wall washing 

unless your name is Santas Helper (Tom)

he made a rgb flood mega arch that doubles as viewer blinders

haha "Viewer Blinders"  I am going to use that!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

DSC06411_zpsa0a73c55.jpg

DSC06409_zps5e5c6231.jpg

DSC06407_zpsdd56afd4.jpg

DSC06391_zps3434ae52.jpg

Alright this gives me a much better idea, thanks! Can't seem to upload a picture via my phone due to size of it

42 minutes ago, zing said:

...Can't seem to upload a picture via my phone...

Yeah. Have to use a third party posting site. Photobucket was great - until they got gready. That’s why I posted a YouTube video. 

On the sequences I sent, if you’re going to wash your background all 8 the same color, you could copy my RGB flood channels and paste into all 8 of yours. Just ignore channels 4&5 as they have to do with strobing the 50-watt floods. 

23 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

On the sequences I sent, if you’re going to wash your background all 8 the same color, you could copy my RGB flood channels and paste into all 8 of yours. Just ignore channels 4&5 as they have to do with strobing the 50-watt floods. 

Will do. Can I create a strobe like effect with the 10W floods I bought? I'd imagine Shimmer or quick on and off to create the same effect, no?

24 minutes ago, zing said:

Will do. Can I create a strobe like effect with the 10W floods I bought? I'd imagine Shimmer or quick on and off to create the same effect, no?

Yes. & I did some of that in my programming too. It’s just with the 50-watts, you have options of both ways. Example. Sometimes I’ve already added the floods as my color wash - matching my front bush light strands. Then for extra dramatics, I can copy my c-9 strobe channel and paste into the flood channel 5. Now I’m easily strobing the floods without changing my color scheme. 

My flood lights are set up as a wall wash, but the choreography can make them in to a very dynamic and dimensional effect even when installed in a seemingly basic application. Here is a video of my favorite song in my display which utilizes the floods. Note that I don't have them constantly on - there are periods with no floods - I just used them in areas where I want to create a little visual impact. One technique I use when lighting up the entire house is to have each flood a slightly different shade of the same color (for example one would be a light blue color and another would be more turquoise) so that way there's a little variation in the wall wash and it doesn't look as "flat." Gradients of color add a lot of depth and visual interest.