Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting too much in a CG 1500 case

cobra513

Wondering if mounting two holiday Corp 27 channel dumb controllers in one of these cases with a power supply mounted in the lid would be too much. My shows run primariy Oct into Jan and I do live in Wis so itsa usually somewhat cool to cold, just don' what to overheat anything

I already have the cg 1500 enclosures and actually while they are slightly bigger they are more expensive than what I paid for mine. I' just wondring if someone has an opinion if this would be ok in my environent or am looking for disaster doing this

Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to use it if it's going to be a PITA to use. .

I've switch over to using Bud Industry enclosure like this one.

Bud Enclosure

Besides the extra room in this enclusre, I really like the extra depth and straight walls for drilling cable holes into.  While you could cram 2 boards and a PS into a CG1500. getting to a boards terminials for examply to replace an output connector would be really tough

I ran two dumb controllers and a power supply in a Tupperware type container here in Ohio for a few years with no problems.   My load on the controllers was very light.  They controlled ribbons for my candy canes.   18 pixels per cane. 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:36 AM, cobra513 said:

Wondering if mounting two holiday Corp 27 channel dumb controllers in one of these cases with a power supply mounted in the lid would be too much. My shows run primariy Oct into Jan and I do live in Wis so itsa usually somewhat cool to cold, just don' what to overheat anything

You shouldnt have any issues in Wisconsin.  I used several CG1500's with 2 power supplies and a pixel controller or CMB24d with NO ventilation my first year.    Mine worked fine in sunny California.  The larger BUD's enclosures are ideal but I see no reason why you would have problems.  If you vent the CG1500 you will definitely have no issues with heat

Thanks guys that's what I wanted to hear whether it was ok or not. I appreciate other products are bigger or better and I don't have to use these but it ultimately didn' t answer my question. I plan on using these either as stated or in  a different configuration.

• The topic was locked