Light-O-Rama Forums

11th Annual Virginia Mini

Andy Anderson

The 11th Annual Virginia Mini will be held on Saturday, May 19.  Matthew Satterwhite has graciously offered to host the mini again this year.  The location will be Hanover Academy located at

115 Frances Road

in Ashland, VA23005.   HanoverAcademy is just off I95 in Ashland which is on the north side of Richmond. 

The minis are an excellent opportunity to meet with other Christmas lighting enthusiasts to share ideas, design plans, implementation, sequencing or just to meet other with the same goals in Christmas lighting displays.

We want to allow time for everyone attending to introduce themselves and tell us about their favorite display element. We want to give you a heads up so you can prepare to either bring the element or take pictures or videos of it and describe the details of how you built it and how it works.  This could take some time, but we'll all learn so much more!  Anything from your display that you would like to share with the group.  Talk about why it is special to you, or why you made it, how you made it or anything you want to share about it.  There is always a story to tell. 

We will provide drinks.  Like last year we are asking everyone to bring some food to share with the group for lunch.  Cost will be $5 per person to pay for use of the building.

We will start with a meet and greet about 11:00 AM, with lunch at noon.  Then start the mini at 1:00 PM and be over by 4:00 PM

Matthew & I look forward to seeing everyone.

Edited by Andy Anderson
font size
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just four days until the Virginia Mini.  Matthew and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Despite all the rain the Virginia Mini is still on for tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  Drive safe.