Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights won't play

Bumble

6 minutes ago, GrenzTravis said:

I used schedule editor too and enabled the schedule. It does the same thing. The songs start playing with no lights. I'm not sure about the color of the bulb in the system tray.

What jr is asking is if you open a sequence and play it through SE does the sequence play and all the lights work properly? This will eliminate a channel config problem and narrow down the problem to the Show Editor.

Do you still have Sequencer or the Hardware Utility open while trying to play the show?  That would “capture” the Comm ports

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Do you still have Sequencer or the Hardware Utility open while trying to play the show?  That would “capture” the Comm ports

Nope. I'm really trying to figure out what went wrong between the other night when I had issues and last night. I literally just made a new show with some of the same sequences. One thing I did do was make a folder for my 2018 christmas show like you had suggested and i put everything in there. I thought that might have been my issue so i took them out and tried it again and it still didnt work. I get home by 3:45 MT and I am going to be trying to figure it out so I can get my show going by 6 tonight

Ok....so thanks to JR I got my show up and running...if anyone else has this issue where the music is playing and no light effects, it most likely has to do with how you save the sequences. If you click save as, it unlinks the song from the sequence. Instead, just click save and then create the playback file.

Thank you all for your help...JR, you are a life saver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrenzTravis said:

Ok....so thanks to JR I got my show up and running...if anyone else has this issue where the music is playing and no light effects, it most likely has to do with how you save the sequences. If you click save as, it unlinks the song from the sequence. Instead, just click save and then create the playback file.

Thank you all for your help...JR, you are a life saver.

Any time my friend. You are very welcome.    Glad I could help you out.

I notice several people in the past few days with identical situations but you were the first to respond.

Happy lighting

JR