Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights won't play

Bumble

Hi,

New to LOR.  Starting very early in the year. Starting with S5 as advised by the help desk.
|i5-2430M  running windows 10
S5 v 5.0.18 Pro
SS 60 CCR 5.0.18

I have sequenced my first song using SS and created a show.  I cannot get my computer to talk to the lights.  I have been working on this for a weeks on 2 separate computers.  I have spent much time reading through the online help and forums and done my best to follow instructions carefully.  Here are some details:

I have the HS USB485 connected to a Pixie 8.  I have 4 arches connected to outputs 1-4 of the Pixie 8.  The HU successfully turns on the lights.  The Pixie 8 stops blinking when connected.  The COM  port reads 04 in the HU.  The controller ID reads 01  for the Pixie 8.  The prop unit #'s  in my preview for the arches are 01-04.  Network preferences in the control panel indicate COM port 04  500.0 K (LOR fastest) Enhanced

Here are the steps I have followed:

In the sequencer "create playback files"
In the simple show builder I add the playback file and adjust the schedule to play the show at the current time.
Control panel on and red.
"Control lights" selected in the sequence editor
"Enable shows"  selected in the control panel
Control panel now blue.
The show starts and I get music but no lights.

It seems like it should be so simple, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you ahead of time!

Did you set up the controller in the network preferences?

Right click the red lightbulb and select network preferences. I do not have a pixie so I am not sure what settings you need. I have all alphapix's.

If your lightbulb is red more than likely you have comport  confliction

dhoot me a pm with Tel # and a time to call and I will walk you through it

JR

Just now, gsmith37064 said:

Red lightbulb means the show is not enabled.

Yes, but I found that normally because com port errors esp with the people I helped with their pixies. I’m just keeping it simple. LOL

JR

Normally when I have a comm port issues my HU does not work.

OP looks like everything is running correctly but I am wondering about his network settings. I assume the pixie is set up the same as my alphapix's???

Bumble - how many controllers are you using?

What are the unit ID’s sup to be assigned to each of your controllers?

You can PM me that info

if you dknow my want to post public.

Most people over think the pixie setup or they do

not understand how to properly configure them in SE

JR

1 minute ago, gsmith37064 said:

OP looks like everything is running correctly but I am wondering about his network settings. I assume the pixie is set up the same as my alphapix's???

I have always had HU work with the pixies. It’s when you shut HU and go to SE that things go wrong.

OPs problems are gonna be in configuration of the pixie either in HU or comm

JR

58 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Oops- yes meant network settings . LOL hate when I am

on this phone. He is prob chasing the network config settings.

JR

• 6 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 1:52 PM, Bumble said:

Thanks to JR!  Everything working now.  Thanks everyone!

How did you fix your problem?

3 hours ago, GrenzTravis said:

How did you fix your problem?

Its been a long time but normally its all in the network and channel config. In this case it could have been both. Normally what I do is walk the person through the entire setup process, make them a master channel config and also a test sequence.

I know what your problem is - no light but sound. You are in S5, I may be able to help you but I do not know S5 so you would have to be my eyes for that.

But first, what controllers and how many? 

JR

I have 2 ctb16pcg3 and one lor1602wg3 as well as two pixie 16 controllers. One thing I didn't mention though is that I put together a short test show the night before last and it worked just fine. Then I spent sometime putting together my show for the season last night and that's when I had the issue. I'm not sure if it's a network configuration deal since the show worked one time and I didn't change anything. But I am happy for any help that you can be JR.

1 minute ago, GrenzTravis said:

I have 2 ctb16pcg3 and one lor1602wg3 as well as two pixie 16 controllers. One thing I didn't mention though is that I put together a short test show the night before last and it worked just fine. Then I spent sometime putting together my show for the season last night and that's when I had the issue. I'm not sure if it's a network configuration deal since the show worked one time and I didn't change anything. But I am happy for any help that you can be JR.

What are you using to control your show?

Computer or Director/ mini Director?

Are you testing on actual props or in S5?

JR

I just made the leap to using a computer this year and have had more issues than previous years. What I did was make the playback files put them in the show editor and do an on demand show with it all plugged in to the rs485 adapter.

Also- you say “not working”. Does the show play at all?

If you play the sequence in SE do the lights work?

Referring to your reply above:

What color light bulb is in your system tray?

If you left click on the light bulb what does CL say?

Have you tried Show Scheduler?

Do you have “enable scheduler” selected?

I am PM you my cell, if you can call before i get too busy.

JR

I used schedule editor too and enabled the schedule. It does the same thing. The songs start playing with no lights. I'm not sure about the color of the bulb in the system tray.