Light-O-Rama Forums

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!

Mr. P

For all the new lighters joining the Forums, PLEASE fill in your profile. We are not really interested in where you live even though your location could help as we would know the weather. The more important things are your software version and license level. These two things can probably fix many of the issues out there so PLEASE fill in your profile.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

For all the new lighters joining the Forums, PLEASE fill in your profile. We are not really interested in where you live even though your location could help as we would know the weather. The more important things are your software version and license level. These two things can probably fix many of the issues out there so PLEASE fill in your profile.

Amen to that, so many of these folks have a LOR "veteran" living nearby and don't know it.

• Like 1

Very helpful to know what version and license level, but location can be very helpful - things that are an issue in snow & ice country often are not here.  Also nice to know when there are people close enough to either visit their show or come over to help with problems.  Also for location, give us something useful.  For example CA could be California, Canada, Cambodia, and I'm sure a few others.

• Like 1

When I was new to the forum a couple years ago, luckily somebody told me how to fill it in manually but perhaps The Forum could add a prompt to ask people what their license level is as when I signed up it did not ask me that information (that I recall) I had to manually put it in.

The key to getting help is the lor Veterans who go out of their way here to help us but the most problematic thing is not knowing your software, software license levels, or your Hardware. We were all new here at one point and I am still learning like alot of others. But it truly does help for people to know what license level you have as well as what you are running as far as Hardware. That little bit of information goes a long way and having people help you.

Sure a lot of what people say may sound confusing but once you start to get the hang of things it makes perfect sense. I do however want to stress there is no such thing as a dumb question. Odds are it's probably been asked before and people have been more than willing to help. I definitely want to thank all the Forum members for their continued support of people like me who are still learning the ropes. Without all of you, i could not have got as far as I have....

20 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

When I was new to the forum a couple years ago, luckily somebody told me how to fill it in manually but perhaps The Forum could add a prompt to ask people what their license level is as when I signed up it did not ask me that information (that I recall) I had to manually put it in.

The key to getting help is the lor Veterans who go out of their way here to help us but the most problematic thing is not knowing your software, software license levels, or your Hardware. We were all new here at one point and I am still learning like alot of others. But it truly does help for people to know what license level you have as well as what you are running as far as Hardware. That little bit of information goes a long way and having people help you.

Sure a lot of what people say may sound confusing but once you start to get the hang of things it makes perfect sense. I do however want to stress there is no such thing as a dumb question. Odds are it's probably been asked before and people have been more than willing to help. I definitely want to thank all the Forum members for their continued support of people like me who are still learning the ropes. Without all of you, i could not have got as far as I have....

That helped to a degree when I was new here but nothing beats being able to meet with fellow lighters to see how they do it.  First met with William Bottemley and talked for hours about minimum requirements, gotchas, prop building, et al.

I have been saying this for a bit too.  I would love it if they would let us build a map with rough areas of all us LOR.

I am always wondering is there someone around in places I am going.   (I am going to NY in May so may stop by hq.)

I understand Security issues. But please put down at least your County/Parish. As k6ccc points out, this also gives us a clue to weather issues. :o

2 hours ago, Septon said:

I would love it if they would let us build a map with rough areas of all us LOR

This would be great or a list by state would also be helpful. I agree about putting your location and software license level in your profile. I have seen so many posts where people need help and when trying to help the first or second question is always what license level they have .

Tom

*bump*

Mr. P posted this back in November, and it still holds true. At a glance, some problems can be identified just by the License Level and/or Software Version that the poster is not aware of. The more details in your post can/will help others help you.

It is easy to change your profile and only takes a few minutes.

profile.gif

Alan...

• Thanks 1