Light-O-Rama Forums
MGoBlue102

Receiving Unit Options for P10 Panels

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a Matrix Pi Hat on pixelcontrollers.com, just falcon boards.

1 hour ago, PKingRoch said:

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see a Matrix Pi Hat on pixelcontrollers.com, just falcon boards.

oops, you are right!  there is a second source for PiHats, have you checked the P10 thread?

I just blanked out starting that read and ordered from CFL.

Thanks!
Paul

On 8/13/2018 at 1:29 PM, PKingRoch said:

I just blanked out starting that read and ordered from CFL.

Thanks!
Paul

Those Crockett folks are good people. Thats where i got my hat from.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:51 AM, PKingRoch said:

So I'm working toward the Pi with a matrix hat for this setup.  I've placed an order through the Renard page for Ron P's matrix hat, but after a week, I haven't heard anything about that order.  In fact, Ray's panels will be here from China tomorrow and I ordered those after the matrix hat.  I've reached out to the paypal email I Sent the money to for the purchase as well as the Renard contact us page, but no replies.  I know it's a busy vacation month, but does anyone have any pointers on what may be going on with them?

I looked at the CFL matrix hat, which appears to be identical to the on Renard one, but they want $25 for the hat and $15 to ship it - that's more than the darn pi shipped.

Any pointers on where I can get a matrix hat if this falls through?  I'm not afraid to solder.

Thanks!
Paul

The hat you're getting from Crockett will come soldered. As far as Renard goes, Deans number is on the top of the page, call it, he will answer.

I've received the hat from CFL.  Everything is hooked up and running.  CFL even refunded part of the shipping so that made it nicer.  Didn't even have to ask!

Now to build the enclosure...

Thanks!
Paul

19 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I have been very happy with the stuff I have gotten from CFOL.  Very good people to work with.

https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/

can't say enough good things about those folks, very helpful and lots of neat stuff.