Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help configuring PixCon16

CKSedg

I'm sorry---no!  I forgot to change the radio button to "Direct Connection" before taking the screen shot.  But either way, it doesn't work.

I'm running an older board PixCon16 than you.  Luckily, I was able to get the same one as you during the spring sale.  I'll hook it up tomorrow and see if I get the same problem with the same card as you.

Thank you very much.

My son is a computer guru and is coming tonight to see what he can do with the IP address and connection.  He doesn't know anything about Light-o-Rama, so maybe between the two of us we can figure out something.  I will post again either way.

Good people on this forum!  Thanks so much.

Well, my usually very reliable son didn't show up tonight, so I'm still seeking any help I can get, since he won't be able to come until tomorrow night or later.

Thanks!

I just pinged the controller at 192.168.0.50 and got back the following (pinging did not work before):

Reply from 192.168.0.50: bytes=32 time=2ms  TTL=255

Ping statistics:  Packets" Sent = 4, Received = 4

Still won't come up to configure, however.

I tried mine this morning and I was able to configure it.  The only thing that's different is mine says V2.0.8 and yours says V2.0.9.  Did you by chance try to upgrade the firmware?  Since the firmware is not available on the firmware page anymore, my guess is you didn't.  Wonder why my brand new one with a different firmware is working and yours isn't.  I mean I just opened the box this morning.

Can someone from LOR confirm that 2.0.9 is a valid firmware for a PixCon 16?

The fact that you can ping it tells me that your computer can at least see it and it's asking the board essentially "Are you there?" and the board is responding with a "Yes". 

I hate to ask for more screen shots but can you grab a screenie of your network properties where you set the IP address to the Ethernet on your computer?

We don't have the firmware on the website because people brick their boards trying to update the firmware when they don't need to.

The firmware is not the issue when  you can not connect to the board, it is your configuration/computer/etc. 

People attempt to update the firmware because they think that is the issue with getting connected to the board.  HOWEVER, if you don't have a good connection, the firmware update will fail, bricking the board.

There is no need to update the firmware on a board that has 1.4.8 or higher on V1.0-V1.3 boards, and 2.0.11 for MKII.

No, I have NOT tried to update firmware.  I am trying to follow the step-by-step instructions that I found on this forum.  I can "see" it, and ping it, but it will not come up for configuration.  I just get the error message each time--on two different computers!  Since it's on two different computers and always the same, could it be a bad PixCon16 board?

I have a ticket open with the Light-O-Rama HelpDesk.  I'm hoping they can resolve this for me some way.  Any other ideas are certainly welcome.

Thanks.

Do you have remote access software (for example, TeamViewer or VNC or others).  Someone who is familiar with the Pixcon (not me) could remote in and likely help you.

The problem is that I can't connect to the internet at the same time as I control the PixCon16.  I don't have a wireless card in that computer, so I have to use the same ethernet port for both.

No, Dennis.  Do I have to have a router, even with just one PixCon16?  Could that be the whole problem?

No, the reason he was asking is you can hook the pixcon to your router and your computer to the router and you'd have internet access and could still talk to the pixcon since it's IP based.

I have been working with the people at the Light-O-Rama HelpDesk.

My son came over last night and installed a program to see what was being passed back and forth between the computer and the PixCon16.  Packets were going to the PixCon16, but nothing was coming back.  Today, after working with the HelpDesk to try a few more things, they decided to send me a new board, which has already been sent!

Again--the great people at LOR have come through with wonderful customer service!

I received my replacement controller today.  Followed the instructions EXACTLY, and still have the same result:  The computer finds the PixCon16, but will not connect to configure it.  Attached is a Word document with screen shots of the error messages I get.  I am really at a loss.  I still have the ticket open with LOR, but any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Doc4.docx

According to your screen shots your IP address  on computer and pixcon are different try to change computer to same address of the pixcon .